when will the lake open.

• eye_hunter

well, with the warm weathers approaching, and new license fee to pay at the end of the month, I think I fishing season has come to an end for me. the fish are all frozen and not willing to bite for me anymore. well with that said, how long do you guys think it will take before we start fishing the lakes. lets use this post as a prediction. I think we should be able to fish in middle of may.

Tyee
    Greater St Michael Area

Late ice is great fishing!

And your license is good until April 30th!

eye_hunter

well i’m still just gonna wait for open water. maybe head down to pool 4. so you guys think we will still have ice in april…

cougareye
    Hudson, WI

With the cold winter we’ve had, if we have a cool spring, we could have ice very close to MN opener!

Hard to predict as it so depends on the weather. You also need to pick a lake for predictions. Size and depth of lake will make a big difference.

Eric

chappy
    Hastings, MN

When the cie is gone!

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Quote:

With the cold winter we’ve had, if we have a cool spring, we could have ice very close to MN opener!

On some of the lakes I’ve been fishing that previous to the warm weather snap had 26+ inches of ice now are lucky to have 18 inches.

schlankki
    otsego, mn

i end up ice fishing until around april 20th or so the time to fish is still to come it’s starting to heat up

TimJones
    Lake Osakis,MN

How long depends mainly on the access points to the lake. The accesses and shore ice are usually the first to go. I’ll fish until the ice is to far out for me to get on anymore. Way to early to give up yet. The hot bite is almost ready to start.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.