Quick Pool 9 ice report

• superdave
    NE IA

Headed over to pool 9 to check out the ice fishing activity. There was quite a few people on green lake, and a few of the other community holes around Lansing. I fished Green right away in the morning and ended up with 4 keepers. Pretty slow, with some bass tip up activity. Hit another spot and found a decent bite, caught over 40 gills, and one 13″ crappie. Had to sort the gills, but some were in the 9″ range.

Ice was about 4-5″, there was a 4 wheeler on Green Lake.

jeff_jensen
    cassville ,wis

Sounds like a good day Dave
    Fishin this week-end?

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Sortin’ gills and a 13 inch speck sounds like a blast

bosman
    DeSoto, WI

Thanks for the update. With limited fishing time on the weekends it helps to know the activity level in different areas as the week plays out…..

superdave
    NE IA

Jeff, I hope to fish this weekend, not sure where yet. If you want to hook up shoot me a pm.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Hey Daver…thanks for the invite…..

I hope to get out the end of next week for sure !!!

gwastlick
    Viola

Ran into supserdave at Green as he was walking off. I stayed until 4:00 left with 10. Tried a variety of jigs with the best being a blue purist. By the sounds of it I should have went with him. still beats working for an afternoon.

superdave
    NE IA

Got out again today, similar results. Plenty of bluegills to be had, with some very nice perch and crappies as a bonus. Had to sort, but you can definitely get enough for a meal!

luke_haugland
    Iowa City, Iowa

Thanks for the report Dave!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.