kids outing

• kirk moe
    Algona,Iowa

The Kossuth County Kids Fishing Club had an outing today. The club consists of about 9-12 kids ranging from 4th-12th grade. There is a meeting on the first Monday of every month. The club not only helps with the fundamentals of fishing but teaches the kids good conservation. Last year the club walked the banks of the West Fork Des Moines River and picked up garbage.

We headed south of Algona to a private pit that one of the instructors has permission to fish.
    Supposedly the pit has great gill bass populations well let’s just say the bit was slow. We set up on and off of a drop off that went from 10-20fow. We managed a few fish on and of the drop off but never produced a sold pattern. I punched holes all over the pit and never found’em.

All in all it was a great day to be on the ice. The kids learned a ton and on top of it they learned how to read a vexilar.

JCK
    nora springs ia floyd

Thats what its all about Moe .Who knows maybe one day we will be watching one of them young-uns on sat. mourning TV

amfyoyo1
    Iowa

I’ve PM’s you. I’ll see how I can help.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.