motorized ice shack

• 3670wayne
    So. St. Paul

Yesterday on White Bear I saw a mobile ice shack. It had what appeared to be about a 10-15 HP motor on the back. I thought it had 3 built-in holes on one side, with a bench seat on the other side. The driver sits much like a guy running a tiller boat. The top is canvas and hinged like a pull-over fishtrap type shanty. The inside dimensions were maybe 4×6′. When the holes were drilled, it lowered right down to the ice. I didn’t get a chance to ask many questions of the gentlemen fishing out of it. They were patiently waiting for me to allow them to close the cover and get fishing. They did say they saw it first at the last ice show. I did not make it there this year, so I was hoping someone remembers where this thing came from, a name, web site, whatever. It was SWEEET. Any info is appreciated. Thanks

mallard_militia
    Fulton County, Illinois

I don’t know if this is what you are talking about, but I believe Nisswa marine has self propelled fish houses. They are on tracks and skis and everything retracts to the ice. Here is a link that I have found. It looks really cool.

http://www.snobearind.com/php/SnoBear.php

TGM
    Lakeville,MN.

I did see it at the ice show. sorry can`t recall the name ,but i do remember it was very pricey.I thought it was in the 15 to 20 grand range.I remember thinking it was cheaper going with a top of the line 4 wheeler and a “cadilac” flip over..

matt_grow
    Albertville MN

Cal and I finally got to see one of those sno bears in action up on Mille lacs. Man are they loud. Pretty neat to see one come barreling across mille lacs. Lets just say he was an unwelcomed crowd fisherman at best. I still wanted to go for a buzz in that baby though.

jbongers
    South St. Paul, MN

I actually got to go for a spin in one this weekend. They are Awesome!

chris-tuckner
    Hastings/Isle MN

Jason, do you know what Scotty paid for that off hand? The Sno Bear that is…

nick
    Lakeville, MN

I want to think the snowbear started around 30K….

putt2winn
    Eau Claire, WI

Now this is a portable ice house. He still has not sold it.

Ice Machine

matt_grow
    Albertville MN

Tuck we had a previous post where someone called and got a price of 17,000

jbongers
    South St. Paul, MN

I’m not sure exactly what he paid for it, but the $30k doesn’t sound to far off.

koldfront kraig
    Coon Rapids mn

It looks like it would work ok if you fished on packed snow… or a parking lot.

ARCH
    southern minnesota

Just think, you could tell the wife ” honey I’m going to pick the kids up from school in the fish house and take them to the lake”

3670wayne
    So. St. Paul

Yup, It was the Wilcraft thing I saw. Seems a little pricey. But it was pretty cool. Thanks guys.

twedul
    Holmen, WI

NICE!!! But I would have to go with the 4 wheeler and portable tow along. Ted

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.