What’s your favorite jigging spoon?

• Kodiak
    Chaska, MN

I like the custom jigs mega glo demons…they seem to do the trick, i bought a ton of angel eyes last spring on sale but havent tied one on yet due to the success of the glo devils.

scottsteil
    Central MN

Kodiak, once you start using Glo Devils it is hard to use anything else..Welcome to IDA!

Kodiak
    Chaska, MN

what is your guys favorite rod/line setup for jigging spoons, i have been using the avid’s in m and ml.

slab-hunter
    Red Wing, MN

Bill,
    I definately prefer the Swedish Pimple in silver and blue; it just seems to work for me. It’s my 1st go-to jig spoon.

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Those Swedish Pimples are great lures. Here is a pic of a card of the Glow Devils which come in alot of good colorfull colors. HOF in Rochester carries spoons in 1/16 oz weight in a different brand that has good color like these and they look real promising for crappies and bluegills. We will be experimenting with them this winter.
    Thanks, Bill

big_g
    Isle, MN

i have to go with a swedish pimple…. although, i think it was about 10 or 11 years ago, dman had an old roommate of his up, and he had cicadas. we pounded the walleye, perch and eelpout with them babies like there was no tomorrow.

g

slab-hunter
    Red Wing, MN

Bill, Any idea if I can get the Glo-Devils in Red Wing at 4 Seasons?

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Quote:

I don’t know if they carry them or not. B-Fish-N Tackle carried them a couple years back but don’t see them on the site anymore. I’ll check to see if HOF has any.
    Thanks, Bill

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Quote:

Quote:

I don’t know if they carry them or not. B-Fish-N Tackle carried them a couple years back but don’t see them on the site anymore. I’ll check to see if HOF has any.
    Thanks, Bill

Mike at HOF has some on clearence price in the 1/4 oz weight.
    Thanks, Bill

walleye_dog
    Western WI

1)Chubby Darter
    2)Angel Eye-glow red or pink
    3)Sutton Spoon-4″brass finish, LOW killer

lunker651
    Twin Cities, MN

Angel Eyes & Glo- Devils. Especally the gold and glo-green.

Jason Sullivan
    Chippewa Falls, WI

I can’t even find my favorite spoon anymore. It was the Ivan Glow Slammer. They were made out of Onamia, MN for the Mille Lacs crowd.

I see Thorne Brothers doesn’t carry them anymore. I bet if I hit the local bait shops up there I could still find them.

If someone knows where I can find some, send me a PM.

I better stock up in case they discontinue production.

Thanks,

Sully

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

Hey Sully have you tried Johnsons portside….they have a huge selection of all the hot lures for mille lacs….I have found some hard to find lures there…just wondering if you looked there!!!!

waterfowler99
    Midwest

swedish pimple, hammered silver

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

For a jigging spoon, I really like buckshot rattle spoons and Varmits. 90% of my fish come on a horizontal jig though. I almost forgot about the small silver/green Swedish Pimple that is deadly on the metro crappies and walleyes from time to time. Funny story, I lost that swedish pimple one night on East Rush as we were packing up. The next weekend I went back up there and the lure was frozen into the ice. A lot of spitting, breathing, and licking and I got the jig out.

scottsteil
    Central MN

Sully, Ivan is still around, I run into him on the water in the summer quite often. He sold his tackle business though, so they may be sold under a different name now.

I have some things in the works for next year, there are good things to come

ERIKJ
    Chaska, MN

Sully,

I love them too! When Ivan sold and I found them getting scarce I started buying them up wherever I found them. I usually found them at Prince Bait, but since I have a good supply I have not checked to see if they have any left.

EJ

Jason Sullivan
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Quote:

Hey Sully have you tried Johnsons portside….they have a huge selection of all the hot lures for mille lacs….I have found some hard to find lures there…just wondering if you looked there!!!!

Calvin-

Thanks for the lead, but just heard back from Steve Johnson that they don’t carry them there. I was steering me towards JR tackle.

I will find my long lost love yet. I will have to savor the few I have left in my tackle box.

Sully

Viewing 18 posts - 31 through 48 (of 48 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.