Tuned Up Custom Precision Noodle Rod

• Corey Rhymer
    Roberts, WI

Everyone knows about Tuned Up Custom Rods. The greatness of their products and customer service, the strength and sensitivity of their rods, and the offerings of their limitless customizations of their open and hard water fishing rod lines is undisputable. With that in mind, what I want to share with you is an uncensored and candid opinion of my firsthand experience with their product. Quite frankly, I think the Tuned Up Custom Precision Noodle Rod is remarkable!

Now, I am no James Holst, Tony Roach or a Brosdahl, but I “get it in”… fishing that is. So I can be that somewhat credible voice that offers an opinion from time to time when it comes to fishing, gear and tackle. I am an “everyday angler”, who like yourself is impartial to brand names and likes to try things out whenever I hear of an interesting product or I am searching for a particular tool that I need.

With our introductions out of the way, I’d like to impart some knowledge with you concerning the TUCR Precision Noodle Rod! I stumbled on this product right when I needed it. Right when the late winter bite had slowed and I couldn’t seem to get other fish to bite. This rod was an answer to prayers. Honestly, I had my fair share of experiences with countless ice fishing rods, from HT enterprises, Gander Mtn. and Cabela’s, and all the way up to Thorne Bros. and TUCR. But let me be the first to tell you, I am astounded by the TUC Precision Noodle Rod!

This year is my second ice season of using this rod, and I had to share my thoughts with rookie and veteran fishers alike. This rod is legit! Paired, the Precision Noodle and a tungsten jig make a perfect combo and feels like they were meant to be! You can feel the aggressive downward thump of the rod from a monster gill. You can see the soft “up-bite” from a finicky crappie, because of the extra-long 4-inch fluorescent green noodle tip. The noodle rod tip quickly transitions into a strong fiberglass backbone that allows for an excellent hook setting. With the option of REC guides for minimal rod guide freeze up, this rod is my go-to for panfishing!

During an afternoon outing last week, while busting gills on a metro lake, I hooked into a nice “bucketmouth”. Everyone knows the thrill of getting a bigger fish on lighter tackle. Unknowingly, this bass hit differently, it was a subtle bite, like a finicky gill or crappie would do. All because of the noodle tip, I was able to visually see the bite. This knowledge led me to confidently set the hook and land the fish, which turned a great day into an awesome one!

As the walleye, pike, and bass season draws to a close here in Minnesota and Wisconsin, the time has come for us to chase those bluegill and crappie into the shadows of our favorite lakes. If you’re in the market for a reliable rod, seriously consider the Precision Noodle rod produced from Tuned Up Custom Rods. Feel free to contact John, Adam and other available members at Tuned Up Custom Rods. They are committed to getting you set up with exactly what you might need or want in your own customized rod!

As always, tight lines and great success,
    Corey Rhymer

wallleyes

I just got my 32 inch noodle in the mail on Thursday and fished Friday afternoon with it. I was very impressed as I could see the suspended crappie lightly biting. They were only 5-6 inches long but very light biters. I can only imagine catching bigger crappies and gills on it. Loved it the first time out. I put a frabill straight line 261 reel on it and like it as well.

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

I’ve been around the custom/DIY rods and tackle for a very long time. Interesting to see the popularity come and go over the years. But I have an unparalleled appreciation for guys building quality. Most don’t know or understand the vested hours involved in design, experimenting, and perfecting a craft. Kudos to the guys that keep this art alive and thriving.

dld24

These are the posts I like, reviews on products by people who aren’t sponsored by the products…I have the Precision and Power Precision and love them, I will be adding the noodle very soon

icefish55
    NULL

DLD24: What situations do you prefer using your power precision?

dld24

Bigger baits, Rippin Raps, Jiggin raps also bigger spoons…I use my precision for baits up to about 1/4oz…and my Power precision for 1/4oz up…

wallleyes

I also bought a 32 quick tip a couple weeks ago ,but hadn`t caught a fish on it until today. I put a black betty 6061 reel on it. I had down a camera in 8 foot of water jigging a #3 chubby darter 3 foot away from the camera. 2 carp came right through my hole I was jigging in and I ended up snagging a 10 pound carp under its mouth. I thought I will find out how good the drag is on this reel and how good the back bone is on the pole. Dang thing never even fought. I just lifted him up in my 9 inch hole. The rod was awesome.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.