last time for tucr help..

• DrakeRoth22
    NULL

So ive desided tomorrow im going to order a tucr noodle. I cant deside if i want the split grip or not the extra 10 bucks dosent really matter im just not sure if it would feel right or not and second im not sure if i should use a spiining reel or a eagle claw inline.. suggestions?..

gandercommander

I personally like the split grip you feel the rod sensitivity a hair more than a cork handle and when its cold out u can have the split grip in your sleeve and keep warm

BBKK
    IA

I had an eagle claw inline (roach model) on my TUCR a week or so ago, it was really light and I needed to pull the reel back towards the butt to balance it out. If you are thinking of using an inline, I would not get the split grip.

DrakeRoth22
    NULL

So for each spinning or inline what line would u use? i have been using 2 pound ice mono and it breaks very easy.

BBKK
    IA

3# sufix ice magic. Tried 2lb this year and it did not handle my abuse very well, but it is thinner than most 2#. 3# for me.

Ekez

I have a black betty 6061 on my 30″ percision noodle split grip and it took a little while to get used to but the spinning of my jigs with the inline is so much less than with aspinning reel I won’t go back (for panfish). I have always used berkleys 3lb fireline ice fused line for all my panfishing set ups. Stuff works well in a shack. Seems to build ice more than I would like but it does come off easy. Just my $.02

dld24

X2 if use an inline get reg handle if you use spinning get split grip…I would get split grip with a sienna or Sedona…

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

Quote:

X2 if use an inline get reg handle if you use spinning get split grip…I would get split grip with a sienna or Sedona…

X3 Sedona

Michelle1969
    NULL

If you are getting a noodle rod I would get a reg handle, people saying the split grip is good for feel don’t know how a noodle rod works. Its all sight with a noodle rod not feel. Hope this helps

PikeFishman
    St. Paul, MN

Regular handle on noodle rods for me. I save the split grip for the graphite feel rods.

shane123
    Anthon, Iowa

i have a split grip quick tip, a normal cork precision, and a foam handle noodle. The action and flexing of the noodle would offset anything you tried to feel with the split grip in my opinion, I just think that anything you tried to feel is defeated by the super soft tip of the noodle. I am wishing i had a split grip precision for my heavier spoons, but i can already feel everything that nicks it now. just my 2 pennies.

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

After re-reading the original post I retract my reply and agree if going with a “noodle rod”,go with a full grip but since I am a spinning reel kind of guy go with a Sedona reel.

Egts

I prefer the split grip on the noodle, not for feeling the bite, but I pistol grip the stem of my reel and the split grip is more comfortable.

Ekez

Not sure about the rest of you but I can feel 80% of all the bites I get with the noodle split grip. It ain’t much but it is there.

BBKK
    IA

When the fish are aggressive I can feel a lot of the bites as long as I am not wearing thick gloves.

Frenchman
    West Central Indiana

I just bought a 32″ Noodle from TUCR and got the split grip. I do not feel it helps this particular rod but it is very comfortable to hold.

tucrs
    NW Metro

I like the split grip (not because I sell them) because of the position of the rod in your hand.

It is really a personal opinion.
    Just my two cents.

DrakeRoth22
    NULL

well ill be ordering a 32 inch split grip here in a few hours.. What would show up to the door fastest? A Stock one or a custom one or both the same?

PikeFishman
    St. Paul, MN

Quote:

well ill be ordering a 32 inch split grip here in a few hours.. What would show up to the door fastest? A Stock one or a custom one or both the same?

Stock most likely, but I would go custom. That way you can get exactly the colors you want and will have a one of a kind rod.

DrakeRoth22
    NULL

ice never seen one of these rods in person. im thinking i want a white one but dont know on the tread wrap colors. any suggestions?

PikeFishman
    St. Paul, MN

Quote:

ice never seen one of these rods in person. im thinking i want a white one but dont know on the tread wrap colors. any suggestions?

I have a white noodle with white main wraps and hot pink tip wraps with green noodle paint. If I could do it over again I would not have used white on the primary wraps but another bright color. It can be difficult at times to pick up the white rod against the snow. The black rods are also nice and that is what I will do next (but I also have a white one already).

I’d say pick out your favorite colors from their website and ask the guys what they think. They’ve made enough to give honest feedback on what looks good and what doesn’t. Either way you go you will be very happy!

BBKK
    IA

White blank with alternating wraps. Blaze orange, then hot pink, then blaze orange, hot pink.. etc.

Bet that one would be one of a kind!

DrakeRoth22
    NULL

i was thinking maybe a white blank with red then blue wraps.. AMERICAN as it gets?

DrakeRoth22
    NULL

Or the white with strait stock blue looks pretty sick.. or the bright orange

BBKK
    IA

Quote:

Or the white with strait stock blue looks pretty sick..

That’s what mine is. Pretty sharp looking honestly.

DrakeRoth22
    NULL

ok thats what im going to do thanks everyone!

tucrs
    NW Metro

I would go a bold color like red or blue shows up on white very well.

Ray Gylsen
    Glenwood,Mn

I have a noodle with with blank and bright orange and blue thread wraps. This is also with a split grip. I absolutly love this rod, highly recommend the split grip. I have one QT with split grip and one without and prefer split grip. I like the bright thread wraps to off set the white blank. I use a Ross flyreel which is pretty nice combo, no free spool, but that works for me.

renegadewalleye

This will be the last year that they are going to use the white blank for the noodle rod. They informed me when I ordered my noodle rod a week ago.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.