Its finally time for a new rod.

• DrakeRoth22
    NULL

Ok tomorrow im going to order a new rod. And i cant deside if i want to get 2 of the jason mitchel meat sticks a short one for shack and a long one for hole hopping or just get one presision noodle.. i normally fish for crappie with plastics but get big gills to and sometimes a bass or walleye. i fish with alot of jigs from 1/64 to 1/16 and gunna use either 3 or 4 pound test mono.

castle-rock-clown

I think there is a member here who builds rods, his name is trumar. If you are looking for something special and personal that might be an avenue you might want to explore. I’ve bought a lot of rods in my day and am ready to start fine tuning to my own personal tastes what I want to hold in my hand. The only way is to enlist a custom rod builder.

PikeFishman
    St. Paul, MN

I’d go for the Noodle, either from TUC or the other it name builders. Once you have a custom rod, you’ll find the other rods always seem to stay home.

Another option is the St. Croix, they have a big sale on their Legend series rods right now.

Ekez

Go with the percision noodle you will not regret it. I have a 30″ and love it for crappies.

out_fishing
    Moorhead, MN

Quote:

Another option is the St. Croix, they have a big sale on their Legend series rods right now.

I just got my two in the mail yesterday they are a pretty solid rod for 33 bucks! I cant wait to get them out on the ice.

tucrs
    NW Metro

I would go with a 32″ Precision Noodle.

Let me know if you have any questions.

holmsvc
    SE ND

I like the JM Meatstick, but I wanted something better, after breaking a couple of Meatsticks over the past few years. I bought a DH Al Dente and I am really happy with it. I have a few TB rods and considered getting a power noodle. I also considered buying a TUCR noodle, but I decided to go with DH because for the price I could get a noodle rod with fly guides and save some money on the getting the REC guides, but still have a light rod.

I went with the cheaper guides because I didn’t think I would use the noodle rod as much as I have been this year for perch fishing. In hind site I probably would have gone with recoil guides if I would have known how much I would have ended up using this rod. I really enjoy fishing with my rod from DH.

life1978
    Eau Claire , WI

Quote:

I’d go for the Noodle, either from TUC or the other it name builders. Once you have a custom rod, you’ll find the other rods always seem to stay home.

I have a TUC Noodle and the St Croix. The TUC is by far way better in my opinion. The St Croix just sits in the box now.

BBKK
    IA

Quote:

Go with the percision noodle you will not regret it. I have a 30″ and love it for crappies.

Quote:

I think there is a member here who builds rods, his name is trumar. If you are looking for something special and personal that might be an avenue you might want to explore. I’ve bought a lot of rods in my day and am ready to start fine tuning to my own personal tastes what I want to hold in my hand. The only way is to enlist a custom rod builder.

Both of these guys are giving great suggestions! I have both. I got two custom rods from trumar, a 28″ power noodle and a 36″ spoon rod. I also have a 30″ TUCR precision noodle. Neither is a substitute for the other. All of them are great quality, and all of them are totally different.

My 36″er is a XF hole hopper which is perfect for hopping around jigging small crappie spoons. That’s all I’ve used it for and it has excelled, I’m sure it would work great with bigger plastics like the trigger-x nymph or mustache worm and a jig head of 1/32-1/16 for crappies and big gills.

The power noodle he built me is similar but different than the TUCR. The power noodle has a tiny tiny bit stiffer tip (still loads with a #10 bluegill jig though) and the flex of the tip goes about 3″ farther than the TUCR, and then the backbone is a little more giving.

My TUCR is super, super, light in the tip section. The thing will load with the smallest jig you can find. It has 3″ of tip and then straight into a backbone of what I would consider a medium action rod. Most of the fish I catch don’t bend the backbone of the rod. This is my go-to rod for using small jigs for slow biting fish.

Both trumar and TUCR will work with you to get the rod you want, I know that for a fact. Neither is going to be cheap though. They are both going to use high performance parts and be in the same relative price point.

Those are my honest opinions of all three rods. No pro-staffing, no interest in any company. Hope you enjoy your new rods, whichever you choose!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.