Todays IDO Show “Crappies on LOTW”

• Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

That would be my dream trip…

Snowmobiling thru the north country, beautiful scenery !!

Fantastic Fishery.. Crappies, Walleyes, Pike !!!!

A great resort to call home for 4 or 5 days..

I will have to put this on my bucket list…

Thanks James and Joel for a great show today… See for me it would not all have to be about the fishing…but that along with the scenery on snowmobiles in the North Country !!!

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

The crappie bite up in the islands is really just starting to get going so the best is yet to come. February and March are the best times to be fishing the crappie. 14″ – 16″ fish are common. Get that knee of yours back in traveling shape and we’ll talk. I’d love to go back late ice for some fun fishing. We would need to take half a day to chase the whitefish as they average 5 – 8 lbs. with some fish over 30″. Now THAT would be fun on crappie weight gear!

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Extra incentive to do the two a days

riverrookie
    Kasson, MN

James/Joel if you were looking for a go to place for crappies and walleyes in Late September for 6-8 guys, would Sunset lodge be on your short list? I’ve never been there but you seem to be making your way back there frequently so I’m intrigued. If not there, where else?

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

James/Joel if you were looking for a go to place for crappies and walleyes in Late September for 6-8 guys, would Sunset lodge be on your short list? I’ve never been there but you seem to be making your way back there frequently so I’m intrigued. If not there, where else?

If you want crappie and walleye that time of year it would not only be on the list, it would be right at the top. If you check out the Sunset website and browse through their photos you’ll notice they have a great fall crappie and walleye bite. The lodge is brand new and is one of the nicest we’ve been in and the staff are amazing. I’d honestly like to go back again this winter if at all possible.

Ekez

The episode was great! The depth and way of catching these fish are very similar to a lot of lakes this time of year. I to have been finding that jigging two to three feet about these fish has been producing day in and day out!! Keep up the great shows.

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

So, who is being blames for not packing the Otter seats?

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

So, who is being blames for not packing the Otter seats?

No one is being blamed. The decision to leave the seats at home was based on space to haul all of our gear. Add 200# of camera gear, two augers, two rod boxes, MarCums, tackle, etc., and we couldn’t get it all packed in a single Otter. To bring a second Otter to spread out the gear a bit we would have needed a second vehicle… and that doubles fuel costs. So the seats got left at home and both Joel and I “rode the rail.”

bee
    Maine

I never noticed no seats. I did notice that you looked as though you were trying to get your left leg extended. I do that when I sit on something that is hard. How does the camera guy get seated?

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

I never noticed no seats. I did notice that you looked as though you were trying to get your left leg extended. I do that when I sit on something that is hard. How does the camera guy get seated?

Camera guys don’t get to sit. Ever.

tr
    Plymouth

Another great show guys, love to sled out and get away from the crowds, I cant wait to get out and try the mustache baits, bought a bunch a few weeks again and now im making it the go to bait for the next trip out. Nice work and great fish. Hope you had a safe trip!!

Duke M

Another great episode. A buddy called me just before the show aired and I told him I wanted to watch the show. He said, “Are you dropping me like a hot rock?” I said, “Yup.”

Duke

mxskeeter
    SW Wisconsin

Another great show James and Joel.

Pickerel Tamer
    NULL

You could buy an extra Pro Large Sled and hitch it up to the Resort via the rear hitch receiver accessory. Add a cover and hitch and you’re good to go for all your gear and you wont have to leave the seats at home. You wouldnt lose any space in the truck either, because you could stack the Resort on top of it.

No one is being blamed. The decision to leave the seats at home was based on space to haul all of our gear. Add 200# of camera gear, two augers, two rod boxes, MarCums, tackle, etc., and we couldn’t get it all packed in a single Otter. To bring a second Otter to spread out the gear a bit we would have needed a second vehicle… and that doubles fuel costs. So the seats got left at home and both Joel and I “rode the rail.”

Joel Nelson
    Southeast MN

Quote:

Couldn’t agree more. The lodge itself where you sit down to it and lounge is one of the nicer ones I’ve ever been in. Would love to take the wife/kids someday, and the best part is that you get your pick of the litter when it comes to fishing. It’s rare to find a place that nice in as remote a location with such direct access to great fishing.

Joel

hamms
    Mn

Great show guys! I have found the same to be true. Larger plastics for panfish sometimes produces much larger fish.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.