VMC Tingler Spoons all IDO hype? Think again.

• Andy Fiolka
    Boise, Idaho

I’ve been pretty absent from the forums the past week or two. I was down in Atlanta on business and havent found much time to read the forums lately.

I’m absolutley in love with these new spoons from VMC. I know it’s becoming rhetorical, but take it as a genuine endorsement as I’m just a regular angler, not a pro-staff with an agenda to push.

The fish absolutley clobber these things. I’ve been fishing the 1/8 oz size in various color patterns with success. Almost every hook removal in the past few weeks has required a pliers as the fish have them totally inhaled.

It’s also an easy bait to fish. Simple 12-18″ sweeping uplifts followed by letting the bait natually flutter down and settle. Repeat until fish show up on the flasher, then refine to smaller “twitches” and “shakes”.

I have been noticing many colors are out of stock in various tackle stores. Yellow perch color, is by far my favorite pattern.

Take care,

Andy

Phil Bauerly
    Walker, MN - Leech Lake

My goodness! I agree, when IDO backs a product it is always a good one.

mallardmayhem
    Spicer, MN

WOW!!! What are the measurement/weight on that last pig?Nice fish!

ec1
    NULL

Very nice fish! Holy crap that last one is big.

I myself am not huge about spoons, and still am currently in love with buckshots. My little ice box might not have a lot more space, but I may be thinking about getting one of these to try in the future.

Ben Putnam
    Saint Paul, MN

Great post and awesome fish! You’re right though, the new VMC spoons are anything but hype! The only problem I have with the vmc spoons is trying to find a store that hasn’t sold out yet! A buddy of mine was in IL on a business trip a few days ago and stopped into Cabellas… They had a fully stocked rack of vmc spoons, so he gave me and a few other guys a call and took orders, between us, we put a big dent in Cabellas’ supply, that’s for sure. Keep posting pics of your Perch anytime, I for one enjoy seeing such an awesome catch!

brad-o
    Mankato

That last one looks like strips on a carp!!! What a fish

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

With perch that sized, I’m wondering why your not using 5 oz ocean sized spoons. Wow, nice fish

Ekez

That perch looks like a carp!! Unbelievable size to those fish!

munchy
    NULL

I think you’re mistaken, that’s not a perch, that’s a peacock bass!

louis-robinson
    dodge co. mn

Quote:

I think you’re mistaken, that’s not a perch, that’s a peacock bass!

no doubt..thats a tank. Thanks for sharing

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Even fish know a good fad when they see one.

Nice piggy in that 3rd picture, but where’d the picture go?

Andy Fiolka
    Boise, Idaho

I have one that was taken with the flash on, not so dark.

Tried to put it up but my phone died. Later on I will try again.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Full disclosure. I do own a VMC Rattle spoon, because I wanted a rattler n a small 1/16 size perch pattern.

Andy Fiolka
    Boise, Idaho

Quote:

Quote:

I’m sure those fish wouldn’t have touched Slender Spoons… or anything from Lindy or Northland.

Sorry, couldn’t resist!

You are right. I love slender spoons as well. The Tingler has been hot, so why change?

I didn’t start this thread to bash CJ&S. I use their stuff all the time. I was just reporting success with a great product.

Hmille10

Quote:

Quote:

I’m sure those fish wouldn’t have touched Slender Spoons… or anything from Lindy or Northland.

Sorry, couldn’t resist!

Last year we were ALL rushing to go buy all the CJ&S and BfishN stuff we could get our hands on, now just because IDO changed over to using primarily VMC we are emptying the shelves and not talking about CJ&S. Nothing against the product(VMC) because it clearly works well, but I just find it intriguing how effective sponsorship and marketing can work!

IceAsylum
    Wisconsin Dells WI

Quote:

I didn’t start this thread to bash CJ&S. I use their stuff all the time. I was just reporting success with a great product.

Andy I have to agree on the VMC spoons but for me they have produced where the tinglers have not. Thanks for including your presentation style.

Andy Fiolka
    Boise, Idaho

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Sorry, couldn’t resist!

Last year we were ALL rushing to go buy all the CJ&S and BfishN stuff we could get our hands on, now just because IDO changed over to using primarily VMC we are emptying the shelves and not talking about CJ&S. Nothing against the product(VMC) because it clearly works well, but I just find it intriguing how effective sponsorship and marketing can work!

Hasn’t this been the case since the first fishing show aired on TV decades ago?

No doubt that many other manufacturers make excellent products. In my last topic, I talked about how downsizing to a tungsten CJ&S Chekai helped put some jumbos on the ice. The same for early ice when the pro series slenders caught some pigs.

I have several rods rigged with various presentations every time I hit the ice. I report what worked the best that specific day.

Bob Schultz
    Wausau,Wi

Beautiful perch, no matter what you caught them on!!! Keep the pictures coming.

Hmille10

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Sorry, couldn’t resist!

Hasn’t this been the case since the first fishing show aired on TV decades ago?

No doubt that many other manufacturers make excellent products. In my last topic, I talked about how downsizing to a tungsten CJ&S Chekai helped put some jumbos on the ice. The same for early ice when the pro series slenders caught some pigs.

I have several rods rigged with various presentations every time I hit the ice. I report what worked the best that specific day.

Love the post and that you take time to report whats working! Nothing against you at all, I was just reflecting and taking amusement on how we all, myself included, give in to advertising so well. Next year James and crew could be using something different and I’d be at the store trying to buy it that day. Speaking of fads, does anyone remember “The Flying Lure” phase?

fishinhunt31
    Near Lake Winnebago

I by no means am going to get into it, but I picked up a little of both brands this ice season and other than color schemes looked at the shape of both the tingle and the slender spoon and other than at the top where a snap would go, can’t find a WHOLE lot of difference in the bend and shape of the spoon. Again, not going there, but I know that colors and I’ve seen some results with the UV colors this open water season and that’s the reason I have both styles.

tr
    Plymouth

Great fish and great promo with out being a promo. Im sure the boys at VMC are thankful for your kind words. Love to see that third pic again. can you please repost it. want to show my son what he has to shoot for.
    thanks again for sharing

Andy Fiolka
    Boise, Idaho

Here it is again. Sorry it’s so dark.

icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

As Mr. Gillespie would say that’s a Slobosaurus!!!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Sorry if it was my comment that sparked the old sponsor/show/etc replies. I was just having fun with it.

Glad you put that picture back up. That is a crazy sized jumbo.

Andy Fiolka
    Boise, Idaho

Na you’re fine. I don’t get too worked up over message board banter.

Now, this cold weather can be done for the rest of the winter IMO.

IceAsylum
    Wisconsin Dells WI

Quote:

Na you’re fine. I don’t get too worked up over message board banter.

Now, this cold weather can be done for the rest of the winter IMO.

If you have control of mother natures thermostat by all means turn it up a little. Whats that fish in the last pick? My biggest perch is 11 3/4″.

Andy Fiolka
    Boise, Idaho

That fish is 15 1/4 and 2-2

fishinhunt31
    Near Lake Winnebago

WOW….that’s all that needs to be said…..

Quintin Biermann
    Webster, South Dakota

Nice fish once again Andy. When fishing deeper water I like the tinlger for that freefall mode you can send the lure in. Open the bail whip of a bunch of line and let er go. The freefalling flipping and fluttering seems to call the school of perch back in that decided to leave a few seconds earlier. Keep Catchin – QB

Chuck Melcher
    SE Wisconsin, Racine County

OK… that photo is the first time I saw it, as the original pic was pulled before I got to this thread…. WHAT A BEAST!

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.