Clam edge Auger

• BBKK
    IA

It appears that they no longer do the blade-exchange if you bought an auger with chinese blades. A friend of mine bought a lazer hand auger with chinese blades and of course it sucked right out of the box. I told him to contact strikemaster, like I did, and they will make it right. They did not. He told me that strikemaster said (and he quoted the guy) “Our blades are made from High-Quality Stainless Steel and are known for their reliability” and then gave some tips on how to use a hand auger.

Needless to say, my buddy was pissed! Brand new $75 auger and he had to spend $40 for new Swedish blades before cutting 5 holes.

Strikemaster took care of me when I had the same problem 2 years ago (was rapala then too) so I’m not sure what the problem was. I was shocked they wouldn’t stand behind the blades! They sent me factory refurb swedish blades when I told them about my mora not cutting well right out of the box! But they refused to send him anything.

I hope he just hit a bad customer service rep! I told him to try again in a few days and see if he can get a different guy.

Ekez

Looks like American hands putting that deal togather and through all the tests to me!!

Egts

Quote:

On that note, I look forward to innovation from them. After using a Jiffy with propane power, I asked myself why something new hasn’t happened with SM. Patents, I’m sure.

Time will tell…

I know for a FACT that Strikemaster has requested a propane fueled Honda. It’s only time. It’s a benefit to work in the field of emissions.

DeanoB
    Historic Mantorville

Just checked my lazer hand auger and it has the dreaded words MADE IN CHINA on both blades. It never has worked well. I sent am email, we’ll see what happens. I don’t need something for nothing, but it is disappointing to find out that I could have had a replacement.

turkeynate
    Iowa

Quote:

sorry to take this a little off topic but heres a thought for everyone when it comes to this debate. if you look at the total number of augers sold by each company the numbers are amazing. the order of the companies would go like this :

remember this is in all on North America (Canada & the USA)

#1 is Jiffy
    #2 is Strikemaster

Clam is giving both of these companies a run for their money and I fore see Clam taking a greater market share in time. as for Nils they only have like 1 to 5 % of the current North American market share. don’t forget companies like huskavarna (spelling??). they are currently only sold up in Canada. The problem with people in Minnesota is that all they have known is Strikemaster as the major name/seller and the others as lesser sellers. times change and other companies come along and produce stuff as good as or better then the same stuff produced by the “well known” company but people are resistant to changes. Have a open mind and be willing to try something new once and awhile and maybe you will be surprised.

Um… I’m gonna need to see your references for these stats… Just not buying them. Can you provide your source for this?

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.