WEBSTER SD ICE GTG DATES SET

• Codyw
    NULL

Is there room to stay at your place Quintin? I am on a tight budget.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Stranger danger!

ekruger01

i might come out for this, if i do, anyone wanna split a room? id be coming from the south metro as well so willing to share gas cost..will let it ride for the next week and a half or so before i book something, so let me know.

shane123
    Anthon, Iowa

I know Doug from work as well as Pete are hitting it, trying to see if my buddies are going, would love to come up and put names to the faces!

chomps
    Sioux City IA

Quote:

I know Doug from work as well as Pete are hitting it, trying to see if my buddies are going, would love to come up and put names to the faces!

Shane we are up there the week after this, but hey a man has to eat so why not go both weekends!

shane123
    Anthon, Iowa

Quote:

Quote:

Shane we are up there the week after this, but hey a man has to eat so why not go both weekends!

yeah, doug clarified that to me this morning. i was thinking of taking an extra sled to pull his drunken butt around, but i guess not my plans are not set in stone yet….

brad-o
    Mankato

I got the OK from the wife let me know if anyone wants to split on a room?

I’ve got reservations at the Galley, heading over with WinterBuddy and his uncle. Should be a good time, looking forward to

ekruger01

Quote:

Brad, I will know by the end of the week for sure if I am in. Id be game to split a room and gas, im just east of you..

Egts

Quote:

Quote:

Brad, I will know by the end of the week for sure if I am in. Id be game to split a room and gas, im just east of you..

Brad/Ekruger, There are 5 of us staying at one of the cabins that sleeps 7 at Lynn Lake Lodge. We’re paying $45 per person per night. We’re staying the nights of Feb. 27th, 28th, March 1st & 2nd. Im sure the’d let you stay any combination of nights you want. They have a bait shop on site. The last time we stayed there, they treated us like gold. PM me if you are interested & I can call Paul to confirm lodging.

scmelik
    South Dakota

James Joel are you guys gonna make it out???

ekruger01

I dont know if I can make it or not now, ended up buying a new vehicle today and that drained the savings pretty good!Still going to try to make it out but if I do I will head out myself! have fun guys!

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Hey Quintin, you got those slough tigers dialed in?!?!?!?!

Man, all I need is a few. I can literally taste them now.

Getting sick of bluegill and need a perch fix. My wife wants them even worse! Can’t wait.

lenny_jamison
    Bay City , WI

This looks Like it would be a blast. I am going to see if I can get that Friday off and come join you fellas.

Quintin Biermann
    Webster, South Dakota

Quick update fellas, ice is just at the end of normal auger flighting length. I am a tall guy so put my extension on for ease of use. I got around on 4 different lakes in the past weekend with my truck without any difficulty. Some drifts are deeper, but with looking out where your going and what not everyone should be fine.

Perch bite has been sporadic, me and a friend got fish on bittte Saturday but it involved a lot of holes being drilled and willing to be mobile. I see the GTG as a grind it out type of day a lot of holes will be drilled and hopefully some perch come topside

My personal cell is 952 412 5092 please do not hesitate to call or pm me here in the days leading up to the GTG. As stated earlier I am on acall Thursday so will try to sneak out locally here and see what it up. I plan on fishing all day Friday leading up to the GTG. The way I see it we will start Saturday on either bitter or Waubay. Swan has some access issues and could always make a road trip down there midday.

As far as fishing goes we can all work together and spread out on set lake for the morning into midday and everyone can hopefully help each other out. Come midday guys can reloacate to a few satellite lakes if they chose to. We will see how the bite goes. If anyone has been following me on here they know I am pretty lucrative with information so we can always look at some other lakes for the evening bite. Pete (CHomps) has fished bitter a lot and can testify that a guy will need to move to stay on active fish.

Right now we just need to pray for some stable weather. Look for an official lake jump off point beginning to middle of next week or just call. I am fully prepared to receive a lot of phone calls. If anyone wants to fish Friday please contact me. – QB

marcumeyeguy22
    NULL

Just recently signed up, been watching the IDO show for quite awhile love it!! I actually live in Milbank and am pretty interested in coming out to this thing. What kind of Marcum units are you going to have out to mess with, in my opinion there is nothing better than Marcum, my unit is kind of old and in need of an upgrade so that’d be great to try some newer models out! Can’t wait to rip some lips with some fellow ice guys!

Viewing 17 posts - 31 through 47 (of 47 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.