WEBSTER SD ICE GTG DATES SET

• Quintin Biermann
    Webster, South Dakota

Ok folks sorry for dragging the feet on this somewhat but the dates for the Webster Ice GTG will be the weekend of February 28th to Sunday March 2nd. The plan will be to meet the morning of march 1st on set lake and do a little meet and greet fishing.

After looking at dates the other preferred weekend of february 15th and its closeness to valentines day was throwing a wrench in some peoples plans. With the current temperatures and ice thickness I would be suprised if we are still not driving trucks by then. We will for surely have good ice and hopefully some good fishing.

I am gonna have this thread sticky noted to the forum here for a bit to keep everyone posted on things. The primary objective will be to put some names with some faces as well as have a good time. As well anyone who comes will be able to checkut some of the digital units from Marcum as well as the Otter 1200 if you havent already seen it. For anyone interested I will be more than willing to share some r on the Glacial lakes region surrounding Webster. One of the major lakes should have a decent perch bite going by then so that is more than likely where we will meet.

Hope everyone can make it, call, txt, or pm with any questions. The Webster Chamber of Commerce Website is a good place to start looking for any lodging. Or like I said try to get ahold of me and I can help out. I picked a date that usually coincides with some good fishing. Looking forward to it fellas. -QB

hop307
    Northern Todd County

Eyeowa
    Spirit Lake, Iowa

Andy Fiolka
    Boise, Idaho

I’ll attempt to be there.

Decoy. Bar. Yes.

4walleye
    Central SD

New member but have enjoyed the site for quite awhile. Wild horses could not keep me away! Looking forward to meeting and fishing with QB

belletaine
    Nevis, MN

Thanks Quintin! Look forward to it.

bigstick56
    Lester Prairie, MN

I think March 8th weekend would work out much much better…

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I’m tentatively in. No other plans. I just need to see the landscape once it gets closer. Thanks for putting this together.

Quintin Biermann
    Webster, South Dakota

Little more info on the gtg. I was back in in Minnesota and dropped into Tuned up. Jon and Adam and the gang hooked me up with a precision that we will draw for the day of the event. In addition I will have some different precisions, noodles and quick tips from TUC for people to look at while we are fishing. I will have some family out that weekend and am getting some pms about people comitting o the weekend. We should have a good army of people out popping holes for perch. -QB

scmelik
    South Dakota

i will have just gotten back from Devils Lake so I should be in hopefully.

chomps
    Sioux City IA

on my calandar, see you all then! Quentin is your dad joining us?

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Quote:

on my calandar, see you all then! Quentin is your dad joining us?

I just went from “tentative” to “maybe not”.

chomps
    Sioux City IA

o come on, we will let you follow us around. Again!

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Quote:

Only if you can get up earlier than me for a change..

Motel reservation made. I am in.

scmelik
    South Dakota

Quote:

Quote:

mine is made as well even talked my old man into coming

Todd Henneberg
    Boyd, MN

Quintin, I sent you an email, possibly is in your others or junk folder. Interested in attending, just looking for some info.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Quote:

Quote:

So what motel should we look at for reservations?

IBOW2

Sounds great

Quintin Biermann
    Webster, South Dakota

Sorry Guys few computer issues on my end. Anyway the Galley is a great motel has an attached restraunt and bar that is nice. AFter this I would look to the stonefire and then the day county inn. The Holiday would be last on the list “ask James about this one “. Anyway other than that like I said the chamber of commerce has a listing for a few houses that are available for rent in town. I have 8 beds at my place and at the moment I think 4 of them are filled for the weekend.

We will more than likely start out on one of the more major lakes to start the day and then go from there depending on what people want to do. Many lakes have the same sort of strtucture so once you get the hang of one you can successfully pick apart the rest. My plan right now is to fish Friday as well so if anyone wants to come out earlier and fish that is fine as well. Right now lake travel is awesome few drifts on the lake but pretty wide open with all the wind we have been having. Barring any major snowstorms “knock on wood” we should be getting around nicely. I havent coordinated any major meals or anything. Figure guys can do what they want on the ice for snacks and what not. I am sure towards evening whoever wants can head to the local watering hole for a few adult beverages.

– Look to here for continued updates on this event. – QB

wismitty
    Janesville wisconsin

I am a maybe, have to run it by the boss. With the annual LOW trip the next weekend it may not fly.I am tentative hope the lakes are truck accessible.

Quintin Biermann
    Webster, South Dakota

Single digit highs for the next 5 days here I am thinking like i said If we can avoid alot of snow. We should have great ice. – QB

Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

Hey Quintin…
    You could try calling some of the hotels and see if they would offer a group discount of some kind…a lot of places will do some kind of rate..
    A plus to that is the group would be at 1 place..

I’m still not positive that I’ll be there..I do a Winnie or Leech trip with a couple of friends every year and we might just make it SD this year..

Egts

Quote:

My plan right now is to fish Friday as well so if anyone wants to come out earlier and fish that is fine as well. QB

I’ll be out there Thursday (27th) afternoon & would love to fish with you Friday. I’ll be staying through Monday (3rd). I’ll staying at Lynn Lake Lodge. It’s a little out of the way, but last time I was in the area it was a good clean place to stay and they treated like gold.

Quintin Biermann
    Webster, South Dakota

I have been out the last two days with my brother and we went out of the way and fished for some eyes. Few Quality fish and some eaters. As far as contacting hotels for group rates I have tried this once in the past and there wasnt much budging. Most of the hotels are super busy anyway so they dont have alot of pressure to fill rooms. Like I said I can accomadeate a few more perhaps and I know of a number of a rental house in roslyn where I live. – QB

4walleye
    Central SD

I would be interested in fishing on Friday with you. I have cousins in the area that I will be staying with and recently retired so have the time. Please provide me with the rendezvous time and place on Friday when you have the particulars worked out. Thanks,

Terry Heese

Quote:

My plan right now is to fish Friday as well so if anyone wants to come out earlier and fish that is fine as well. – QB

Just booked a room @ Pereboom’s, should be there Thurs afternoon. Let us know where to be Fri (breakfast?) & we can hook up. Terry

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Thanks for all your help Q. I don’t see a need for you to do anymore than you already have. I’m looking forward to your help getting me started out there. I have a room and can find food. I’m sure some groups of people will naturally form and get together after fishing as well. Looking forward to it!!

PS-what time do the perch usually shut off out there? I don’t know what time I will be rolling in Friday afternoon.

Quintin Biermann
    Webster, South Dakota

In my opinion some of my best bites have come right up to dark. I have posted my cell before, if not I will post it before the GTG. Looking forward to the GTG, I am on call thursday so depending on hospital census I will problaby fish thursday night. – QB

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 47 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.