Swedish Pimple fishing through the ice…

• Blain Masterson
    Illinois

on the open water I am very accustomed to fishing the Swedish pimple for crappies and bass, recently I have heard of great success fishing a smaller one through the ice for crappies, if you fish with them, how well do you like them.

BBKK
    IA

I have one of the smallest ones, honestly its not one of my favorite spoons. Its actually very low on the list and I rarely even use it anymore. I have caught some crappies on it though.

I prefer the demon spoon, slender spoon, and kastmasters much much more.

xxrodbenderxx
    menomonie wi

I have one tied to one of my icerods at all times…very good bait..
    but o have never fished one in the summer

mike_j
    Nashua Iowa

I use to use them all the time ice fishing and caught a ton of gills and crappies on them. I should get them out again kinda got away from them scince they came out with buckshot rattle spoons and slender spoons, but they work great theres one called something like viglia that has little wings on the sides that I used to use a lot for yellow and white bass at clear lake that works great too.

matt

They work great for active fish,if they are biting good its a great way to pick off the bigger fish out of the school.Tip with a minnowhead or a gob of eurolarva,walleyes love them to.

Benny Blanco
    SE Wisconsin

I use the Swedish Pimple regularly for crappie and brown trout. Great bait to tip with a minnow head or a Gulp! plastic.

rednax
    Southern WI

Exact opposite for me, usually tip them with waxies or spikes on a small sweedish pimple. How do you use them on open water? Cast and retrieve? Verticle jig?

nathan_schott
    Cheboygan MI

I use them all of the time perch and crappies love them the bigger ones also work great for lake trout a lot of new great colors these are my best colors

vikefanmn77
    Northfield,MN

The smallest one is my go to bait when all else fails, then I constantly wonder why the hell I didn’t start with them. Can’t beat a classic!

tr
    Plymouth

I have and use them all the time. It is sometimes the go to lure for walleye and crappie, love them. especially the glow. I honestly have never used them in the summer only the winter.
    Good luck and be safe out there.

mar-80
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Size 2 works very good on Upper Red Lake for eyes. Also have done well with them on crappie and gills

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I remember when the Swedish Pimple was basically the only ice fishing spoon!

Chris Raymond
    Keweenaw Peninsula, MI

If I had a picture of my pimple box to post right now, somebody would surely call a dermatologist on my behalf.

sinister-fishing
    Omaha, Ne for now

I use a #2 through the ice all the time. Chrome with the pearl accent is a go to lure in tough conditions

earnit

One of my favorites to use in deeper water while fishing for crappie. I pound the heck out of them and keep a close eye on the Vexilar….and hold on when it turns solid red!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.