B-Y bait

• mike_j
    Nashua Iowa

I just want to say thanks to the B-Y baits guys for making an awesome product. These plastics exceeded my expectations! I’ve tried ice plastics before and had minimal success. (I probably didn’t give them a fair chance before going back to bait) Saw these on ido and ordered some. Today was the first time I had a chance to use them. I was doing my normal jig or spoon with spike or waxxie and could not even get a bite. After an hour or so of this I thought I might as well give the new plastics a try. I was really not expecting much because I’ve always thought of plastics as a bait for more actively feeding fish. (even though I’ve read that’s not the case here on ido) I didn’t exactly kill em today but I did end up catching about a dozen gills and crappies on a Minnie mert with a B-Y baits copper colored mudbug. It was a good experience for me to see that even when I couldn’t get a bite on the same bait with a spike on it the plastic did the trick. Thanks to you guys on IDO that let the rest of us know about them.

Ekez

Confidence is key

Marcum12

I just ordered some today. They have 20 percent off right now. Figured I would give them a try. Never had much luck with plastics but the price and shipping cost was good.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I’m sticking with my rubberbands dipped in TriggerX juice left over from summer.

BBKK
    IA

Quote:

I’m sticking with my rubberbands dipped in TriggerX juice left over from summer.

You did not just say that! I assume you were joking, but I have caught a few fish on rubber bands cut lenth-wise into skinny strips and then attached to the back of jigs. The big flat ones cut the best.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Never assume anything when it comes to Pug.

…ever.

icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

Quote:

Never assume anything when it comes to Pug.

…ever.

Truer words have never been spoken!

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Hey, hey hey! Its’ Christmas!

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I cant wait to try mine this weekend on gills and compare to waxies. I have one rigged up and ready to go.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.