New Season, Same story

• Justin Phillips
    Bloomer, WI

1st trip of the year to my favorite crappie lake in west Wisconsin and its the same story as every winter. Caught this big boy and numerous others. Despite the 20-30 shacks on this spot all winter every winter it always produces. Must be something in the water! The mystery is trying to find them during open water season.

BurlapBrothers
    Kavokian Slough, WI

Nice catch. I’m in your boat with the open water deal. We get on fish but nothing close to ice time

Bryan Myers

Its always nice to get on your favorite body of water and find them right where they should be. Nice looking fish!! It sometimes amazes me how much pressure some of the local lakes get here but that they still produce. Keep on them and keep the pics coming!

Justin Phillips
    Bloomer, WI

Thanks guys!!! It was just over 14 and the average is like 13 inches. For a small lake with insane pressure it seems like one winter they will be gone but nope! It is the middle of a 3 lake chain so Im wondering if they dont migrate in from other lakes. So many great lakes in the Bloomer area I want to try but its hard to coax yourself to leave one that hot! Going to work on that this winter though!

Bryan Myers

I know what your saying were kind of spoiled right here with the amount of great crappie lakes we have close. I know a certain chain of lakes that’s close that I fish a lot and do very well but I try to stay away from the crowd, however its always nice to be able to move in on the crowd if I’m really struggling in my normal areas.
    Good luck trying out some new water this winter, you might be really surprised at what you find!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.