Why do you fish in ice tournaments?

• aaron
    Chippewa Falls, WI

I am looking for some input:
    What is the biggest draw for anglers to attend ice fishing tournaments in WI? When angler set out to fish a few tournaments each year, why do you choose one over another?

I am helping host the Wissota Ice Fishing Classic (www.icefishwissota.com) this year and I want to help give anglers the right incentive to come out and fish this tournament. This is not your typical WI ice fishing contest but more of a tournament style event geared toward adult and youth anglers and the promotion of our passion of angling.
    Thinking out side the box, what do anglers want to see at this kind of event?

icenutz
    Aniwa, WI

For me it was the chance to fish against what I considered to be another level of competition. I fished in the NAIFC and many of them had sponsors and much nicer equipment than we had, but it was fun to see if we could hold our own. We did not finish in the top 10 but we were not far off.

I think well run, uncomplicated rules, prizes for Largest, most, smallest in multiple species, a raffle for everyone to enter fishing or not, a fair sized area to fish, are a few things that are nice.

Also don’t make the time frame so short, let it run during some of the prime bite times like early morning until mid afternoon. Food and beverage available on the ice is good.

aaron
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Thanks for the feed back. It sounds like we have most of your likes covered IceNutz.

IceAsylum
    Wisconsin Dells WI

Tug of war between the Bikini ice fishing team and the Swedish Bikini team would probably get a crowed.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.