How will you become a better angler this winter?

• youngfry
    Northeast Iowa

I want to fish with bait less, and plastics more (for panfish). I also have moved from SoDak to where I grew up near the Mississippi. I want to take some of the perch fishing skills I learned on the prairie and put them to use on the River.

Quintin Biermann
    Webster, South Dakota

I really like to see all the interest this thread has formed, as well as motivating people to fish more and try to new things. I was out here the other day and day one the ice found me on a small slough near my house bait was 10 miles in the other direction so this forced my hand to the plastics. Mainly the trigger X mustache worm in blood red When I can get camera in conjunction with computer Ill show you the results. Point being I think ill be saving on some bait money this winter. – QB

scmelik
    South Dakota

I noticed the same exact thing this past weekend.

Ed Stern
    Goodhue, MN, Goodhue County,

That’s what I would like to do, too!

tripjorgen
    NESD

I have a camera and a LX5. Together they are a deadly combo. In some lakes in NESD you can’t see very far with the camera so the LX5 comes in handy. You can mark them on the flasher and really see how they are working your bait

Quintin Biermann
    Webster, South Dakota

These three little piglets earned themselves a spot on the wall all over 14 inches. They were taken on blood red mustache worms. Like I said give that new tactic or method some time to pay off and it will work. I apologize on picture quality as I usually fish alone and late in the day, and do not personally own a nice camera. Continued success to all those out fishing, – QB

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.