Auger Blade Cover Recommendations

• Corey Rhymer
    Roberts, WI

So, I have a StrikeMaster with the 8″ chipper blade. I am done buying the cheap rubber straps they sell to keep on the blade cover, they always keep breaking on me. I went through 2 alone the past season. I try and cover my auger immediately after use, to minimize ice build up, dulling the blade and for protection of myself and gear. I have already searched other options, but does anyone have any recommendations on blade covers, what are you guys using?
    Thanks!

stuart
    Mn.

Velcro straps replacing the crappy rubber straps.Pretty easy modification.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

I have .. in the past… modified a bungie cord to fit it…

out_fishing
    Moorhead, MN

Quote:

I have .. in the past… modified a bungie cord to fit it…

X2

Chris Raymond
    Keweenaw Peninsula, MI

I picked up a Cold Snap cover for my Nils last year and have been very pleased.

shaley
    Milford IA

What Chris said…

Matt Brookman
    Stillwater, Minnesota

Strikemaster makes magnet inserts to put into your auger cover so it just snaps right on. Thats what im going to get this year for mine.

rouser

Cold Snap cover for me. I did the magnet thing and it can work well but the Cold Snap cover is a more reliable cover IMO.

turkeynate
    Iowa

Quote:

Strikemaster makes magnet inserts to put into your auger cover so it just snaps right on. Thats what im going to get this year for mine.

. The magnets work awesome! Had them for the past few years and zero issues with them. I like them better than the cold snap one simply because the magnets allow you to push down on it with your foot and it will come off. Keeps your hands away from the sharpe blades etc. then when you want it back on simply set the auger down on it and it attaches. The magnets are very strong. You won’t be disappointed with them.

shane123
    Anthon, Iowa

cold snap cover for me, works awesome! use my foot to take it off, use gravity to snap it back on

tucrs
    NW Metro

Cold snap cover here too. I have 3 augers with them now too.

tucrs
    NW Metro

I even have one at the shop Corey if you want to try it out?

turkeynate
    Iowa

Quote:

cold snap cover for me, works awesome! use my foot to take it off, use gravity to snap it back on

Is there an echo in here…

Looks like Strikemaster doesn’t sell the magnets anymore. You can get them from Ice hogger.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.