Auger Blade Sharpening

• bsully23
    Pittsville, WI

Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations on where to send auger blades to get them resharpened? I thought at the beginning of this last hard water season there was a post on here about some guy in Chicago,IL who does a really good job. If i’m remembering right multiple people claimed that he was so good that they would send brand new blades to him & they would come back sharper. I have a SM Lazer Pro if that makes a difference at all also.

Thanks

llong

Red rock store up in Ely does them, check out their website for pricing.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

I’ve heard that because of concerns for global warming, the EPA has outlawed all gas augers and that only people with magnifying glasses to melt holes in ice are being allowed to ice fish from now on.

Maybe take up darts as a winter sport or move wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy north, eh? lol

bsully23
    Pittsville, WI

I think the guy I was talking about is: Fran Connelly (jackpine) from Des Plaines,IL/ Chicago,IL. Can anyone give me more information on this guy? How to contact him, how much he charges, how to send blades & payment?

Thanks

tucrs
    NW Metro

I would like to know too.

Last time I sent them into strikemaster. Not sure if they do the exchange program or not anymore.

Zach Peterson
    Austin, Mn

Quote:

I would like to know too.

Last time I sent them into strikemaster. Not sure if they do the exchange program or not anymore.

I emailed StrikeMaster last year about the blade exchange and their response was that it had been discontinued because of cost.

tucrs
    NW Metro

Thats a bummer I liked that. I guess I understand though.

If NoDak sand would not wreck blades so fast I would not need to spare sets.

fisherman-andy

I trade my laser blades in at the start of every season for a fresh sharpen pair @ Joes Sporting Goods. Cost? $15.

bronzbak
    Long way from home

Here is some info you guys may like. This comes from a guy I know whom operates a sharpening service. He has been doing mora and lazer type blades and sharpening for a living 30 years. The new last 6 years lazer blades are junk metal from china. The tempering is garbage and they chip and don’t hold an edge. If you still have Swedish stamped lazer blades don’t exchange them. Take them to a shop who sharpens and returns you set of blades. The Swedish made blades hold an edge 2 to : times longer than the newer Chinese crap blades. I dumped my lazers many years ago for nils. But thought this info would be useful to you lazer owners.

Denny O
    Central IOWA

Quote:

Here is some info you guys may like. This comes from a guy I know whom operates a sharpening service. He has been doing mora and lazer type blades and sharpening for a living 30 years. The new last 6 years lazer blades are junk metal from china. The tempering is garbage and they chip and don’t hold an edge. If you still have Swedish stamped lazer blades don’t exchange them. Take them to a shop who sharpens and returns you set of blades. The Swedish made blades hold an edge 2 to : times longer than the newer Chinese crap blades. I dumped my lazers many years ago for nils. But thought this info would be useful to you lazer owners.

By looking at them how could you tell the difference between them?

bronzbak
    Long way from home

Stamped on the blade

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.