Showdown 5.6 dual beam

• hamms
    Mn

Do you run the dual beam or single?

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Single. The dual would be nice like I said for steap breaks,, but I haven’t run into a situation where I wish I had the dual.

BBKK
    IA

Dual beam works great if you fish in any kind of weeds or brush. You will shoot straight down instead of picking up the brush and weeds next to you. And like puggy said, on sharp breaks and deep water. If I was going to buy one right now I would absolutely pay the extra $50 for the dual.

hamms
    Mn

I have the dual on the lx5 not sure it would be a must on a showdown for chasing basin crappies… How is the showdown in under 10 ft of water?

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

I have the dual on the lx5 not sure it would be a must on a showdown for chasing basin crappies… How is the showdown in under 10 ft of water?

I used mine in 6′ of water today and it worked just fine.

hamms
    Mn

Good to know. You ever run yours in your boat? Always have had a flasher in my boat for vertical jigging…

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

Good to know. You ever run yours in your boat? Always have had a flasher in my boat for vertical jigging…

What boat?

hamms
    Mn

I am getting a showdown 5.6 tomorrow night. Trading a fish trap scout. I have not used the house this year and have a X2 anyway. Unit is 1 yr old single beam … Dual would have been nice but no big deal I have a lx5 if need narrow 8 degree. Should be nice unit. Thanks for the help guys

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Did I mention Showdowns don’t work on Knife?

Don’t forget to post a follow up after you take it out a few times.

hamms
    Mn

I will post a review. Headed to mille lacs in the morning wish I had the showdown for that trip to try it out, oh well the lx will do the job just fine. My lx5 seems to work on knife too you sure about the 5.6? digital doesn’t want to work on that body of water?

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Actually how would I know. I haven’t hit the lake since I got my Showdown

I wish it was closer. I’ve been doing a lot of solo fishing and that’s a long trip from the southwest metro. I think I may give it a shot though soon, perhaps March when the panfish start getting a little more active.

hamms
    Mn

I would wait till march too.pretty slow fishing. Guy with showdown backed out of deal so looking for another one…

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

I would wait till march too.pretty slow fishing. Guy with showdown backed out of deal so looking for another one…

Lemme guess. Craigslist?

hamms
    Mn

You guessed right

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Educated guess. I’ve never purchased anything from CL, but it seems like a crap shoot from what I hear. Always stories of people backing out of deals they agreed to, most likely because someone contacted them later and offered more.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.