Mille Lacs Ice House Rental

• Scott Mueller
    Coon Rapids, MN

Need a tip from an Ido member.

Looking to rent an ice house on Mille Lacs in about two weeks. Family mens retreat of sorts. About 8 of us will be attending

Personal recommendations of resorts or rental places will be respected.

On a side note don’t the perch start going in February?

tgruenke
    IGH, MN/Holcombe, WI

Just got back from Portavilla, nice place and great experience but they are deeper. I don’t know if you will see a lot of perch where they have their houses set up. I have also gone through Appledoorns. They would have bigger houses and are shallower. They did a nice job for us last year. I know that the Red Door is a sponsor and they have a lot of happy customers as well. Good Luck and have fun.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Scott, check out the Red Door thread in the MN/Mille Lacs forum. They do a very good job of keeping the Ido members up to date with current info.

mike-west
    Amery, WI

X 2 On Red door.
    Mornings you have the option of heading into the Way Point Cafe for some hot breakfast and use of some running water while awaiting to generate a solid base for the days adventure.
    Not to take away anything from the other many resorts that do a great job on Mille Lacs.
    Have fun

tbrooks11

Portavilla was a good time but you wont catch any perch, the guy that runs the place out there said they hadnt caught one out that deep yet this year. They can guarantee some big walleyes though! I personally recommend portavilla, but i have heard of a lot of great things about red door as well.

jbob
    Hastings, MN

Try Hunters Point resrt they have a couple of big houses that will accomadate what you need.

fishinfool
    mn

RED DOOR ,,excellent place and food and rates…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.