ice line

• hoytpower
    buffalo county, wi

what’s the difference between ice line and regular line

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

About $5… Most of which is a marketing scheme.

Dont use strait Florocarbon, alot of memory when cold.

Trilene sensation or XL, p-line copoly or gamma are some of my favs for winter mono. They can a are used all year.

timschmitz
    Waconia MN

Packaging and 3$ for half as much line! It’s just a a marketing gimmick!

broman

Whatever you do. Don’t buy Lindy Ice Line. I lost two fish on two separate lines this weekend. When I went to set the hook the line snapped. I normally use Pline which I love but this was free from the Ice Fishing Show so I decided to give it a try. Never again, P-line from here on.

tpmorgz
    Central Iowa

P-line Floroclear

slipperybob
    Lil'Can, MN

The first time I used Trilen Microice line on openwater spring fishing…It was wow! So much less ice build up. Since then I’ve found that selectively, an ice line can be a better performer than your typical fishing line. Then again, marketing gimmick can play a lot into that. Repackaged line as ice line. If it’s the same line, buy the bigger spool.

keith_erickson
    Rogers, MN

I really lindy ice line. And if you order off there web sit it’s not bad $.

shane123
    Anthon, Iowa

i love northland products, but i have terrible luck with their ice line outside the shack. ices up too easily for me. micro ice line by trilene is my favorite so far, gonna try p-line soon……

broman

While I love P-Line, it will ice up when fishing outside. But it’s strong and has little memory so I can deal with a little icing.

BBKK
    IA

I used sufix ice magic mono last year for bluegill fishing in open water, I loved it. So this year I used it through the ice, my new favorite line. 3lb fishes like 2lb and is very strong. It has less memory than trilene micro ice (which isnt much!) and is very sensitive.

I use 3lb and 2lb.

I am going to use it all year around now.

jeknight

I think it is the reel more than the line. Any reel where the line comes off straight keeps the memory down. And as far as ice up on line ,I have use a lot of lines on the market and when it is realy cold they all ice. Jerry

iacanoeguy
    Iowa - Franklin Co

I really like the “blue” ice line, I think it is called Micro ice. I can see the blue really well and with my OLD man eyes that helps. It also stays more flexible than some of the regular line.

BBKK
    IA

Quote:

I really like the “blue” ice line, I think it is called Micro ice. I can see the blue really well and with my OLD man eyes that helps. It also stays more flexible than some of the regular line.

Blue would be trilene cold weather.

If you want something easy to see, you can now get trilene micro ice (a better line than cold weather) in the solar color which is a bright green.

Cp3
    Hammond, WI

x2 with the Trilene Micro Ice (bright green). Do they sell this in larger spools?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.