Marcum LX-7 3.01 update?

• gillfisher
    God's country - Wisconsin

Any idea when they will have the update on their website?

This waiting is getting frustrating, especially when units are being sold with the 3.01 version installed. How hard can it be to put the update on the website? I called Marcum CS today and Mike said he had no idea when they would put it on the website.

I hope they get it up before I have ice to fish!!!

Don’t get me wrong, I love my Marcum products but the way things have been handled this year and last is leaving a bitter taste.

James, can you knock some heads over at Marcum and get them moving on this?

BBKK
    IA

Whats the 3.01 give you over what you already have?

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

Any idea when they will have the update on their website?

This waiting is getting frustrating, especially when units are being sold with the 3.01 version installed. How hard can it be to put the update on the website? I called Marcum CS today and Mike said he had no idea when they would put it on the website.

I hope they get it up before I have ice to fish!!!

Don’t get me wrong, I love my Marcum products but the way things have been handled this year and last is leaving a bitter taste.

James, can you knock some heads over at Marcum and get them moving on this?

Is there something wrong with your current unit? If so, I guarantee you MarCum’s CS will be all over it to get you back up and running.

As for putting pressure on MarCum to release the upgrade… they’re cranking on it with all available hands. Nobody wants the new upgrades for all the units out more than MarCum.

I do understand everyone’s excitement over the release of upgrades. Being able to upgrade ice electronics is exciting stuff. I get that part of this deal.

That said, I think it is unwarranted when people get worked up about a delivery timeline over a free upgrade that was never promised by a timeline. Before you know it the upgrade for your unit will be out and you can make the decision to upgrade or not.

For what its worth… when you see Joel, Cal, Will or I fishing an LX7 in any of the current year TV shows we’re all using an LX7 running V2.9 software. This is the same software version that everyone was head over heels in love with when it came out last winter. Will the new version be better? Sure. That’s the whole idea. But nobody is going to miss any fish because they don’t have access to 3.0.1.

Gotta’ run. The LX7 is on the charger and I’m going ice fishing tomorrow. In the rain, from the looks of things.

gillfisher
    God's country - Wisconsin

Quote:

I guarantee you MarCum’s CS will be all over it to get you back up and running.

I do understand everyone’s excitement over the release of upgrades. Being able to upgrade ice electronics is exciting stuff. I get that part of this deal.

This is the same software version that everyone was head over heels in love with when it came out last winter. Will the new version be better? Sure. That’s the whole idea. But nobody is going to miss any fish because they don’t have access to 3.0.1.

I’m going ice fishing tomorrow. In the rain, from the looks of things.

Marcums customer service is outstanding and I know that they will take care of problems ASAP, they replaced my LX-7 last year just prior to a tournament, they sent me a knew head with a return label for the bad one.

Hard to understand if the update is finalized and installed in product why it is not available for download. I am not a very patient person – my bad.

I’d like to find out first hand if the new version is better or not, then make my decision.

Good luck fishing tomorrow!!! Stay dry and rip some lips!!!

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

Hard to understand if the update is finalized and installed in product why it is not available for download. I am not a very patient person – my bad.

The issue here is people are confusing the software on the units currently being sold with 3.0.1 as the “upgrade” for the LX7. 3.0.1 has a couple tweaks but to be honest it isn’t all that much different from last year’s mid-season release of 2.9.

The update for existing units isn’t finalized. When the update for existing units is made available in the coming weeks it will all make sense. Trust that there is some wicked cool stuff coming that ALL LX7 owners are going to want.

Quote:

Thanks much. I’m thinking I will be spending a lot of time poking around with the spud bar tomorrow. These temps…

shane123
    Anthon, Iowa

Quote:

Quote:

The issue here is people are confusing the software on the units currently being sold with 3.0.1 as the “upgrade” for the LX7. 3.0.1 has a couple tweaks but to be honest it isn’t all that much different from last year’s mid-season release of 2.9.

The update for existing units isn’t finalized. When the update for existing units is made available in the coming weeks it will all make sense. Trust that there is some wicked cool stuff coming that ALL LX7 owners are going to want.

Quote:

Thanks much. I’m thinking I will be spending a lot of time poking around with the spud bar tomorrow. These temps…

shouldn’t you be making us a tv show for us to watch sunday morning?

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Already done my friend! Heading out in a few hours to start thinking about the show for next Sunday.

shane123
    Anthon, Iowa

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Already done my friend! Heading out in a few hours to start thinking about the show for next Sunday.

might need to take your boat lol.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.