Ice Update from Alexandria Area

• Joel Nelson
    Southeast MN

Just talked to guy who had a reliable 4″es on most of the surrounding small and shallow lakes. Most, if not all are completely locked up. 0 degrees last night, 4 degrees tonight, they’re making some serious ice right now.

Joel

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Seen a pic from portavilla’s facebook page, they were on Upper Red with a limit of eye’s laying on the ice. Judging by the pic there was 3-4″ of ice

rippinlips
    Alexandria, MN

Love the sound of this! I am sure miltona will be hot this weekend. Fingers crossed!

deertracker

I haven’t check Miltona, but all the bigger lakes are open. We have had some big winds.
    DT

deertracker

Sorry just saw your in Alex also. You talking about in a boat or did it actually survive the wind and is iced over?
    DT

rippinlips
    Alexandria, MN

Quote:

Sorry just saw your in Alex also. You talking about in a boat or did it actually survive the wind and is iced over?
    DT

Yea I am talking about hard water fishing

I was in town until Sunday and thought things changed since then…maybe they haven’t yet..

Still hoping and praying for this weekend

TimJones
    Lake Osakis,MN

Here is the way it stands as of today on Osakis. The wider part of the lake has about the middle third still open from about Two Mile bar north to Crow point and then across over towards Moon Bar. Miller bay is completely iced over but probably not walkable yet. There is still open water on the south side of Battle point and with the wind today that area started to spread north of there to where it had previously been frozen for the last two days. From there it is ice until a little ways east of Coon point where it opens back up again and stays open to about a third of a mile from the narrows. Manthey’s Bay is totally iced over but still a little thin. Talked to a guy that just came off of there this morning when I got there and he said it’s almost three inches. I tried going out this afternoon from my place. Had four inches near shore but was down to about 2 and a half inches about 50 yards out.

rippinlips
    Alexandria, MN

Thanks for the update!

cdn
    West Central, MN

Sounds like a lot of big lakes in Otter Tail County have iced over. Small lakes should be in good shape.

I walked on 4″ this evening and my ice season will begin soon! Just need to finish the work week first.

TimJones
    Lake Osakis,MN

I think the open water on the bigger lakes is going to be bad for the ice this weekend. Even today that SW wind and waves started to eat away at it in some areas.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.