Ice Fishing has begun in Williston, ND

• drewsdad
    Crosby, MN

Trenton Lake is a shallow Oxbow lake off the Missouri River 16 miles SW of Williston. It has 5 inches of ice and guys are walking out and catching pike. Only 650 miles from Minneapolis!

dd

Brent Yeakey
    Bloomer, WI

Oh man 5 inch of ice already! Sounds like a great reason for a road trip!

Bryan Myers

Quote:

Oh man 5 inch of ice already! Sounds like a great reason for a road trip!

Just asked the wife if I could skip opening weekend of gun deer season so we could go on a trip………It should be a nice weekend to be in the stand!

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Its just a fish story with out photos Joel.

drewsdad
    Crosby, MN

They do get some 20 lb+ pike out of Trenton on occasion. My best out of there went around 8 lbs. There are also walleye, sauger and some nice sized crappies.

I am going to drive 650 miles next week to get some P2 walleyes.

dd

drewsdad
    Crosby, MN

I am getting in late Tuesday mike. You got your boat ready to go?

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Dang right it will be ready for you.

drewsdad
    Crosby, MN

SWEET! I will give you a call sir.

And once again I am talking open water in the ice forum.

dd

rebel102285

I really doubt like hell there is 5 inches of ice on the lake! We have had fairly warm temps (high 30s low 40s) for the past few days and it wasn’t that cold before that! Id be very skeptical…we got about 12 inches of snow as the lakes were just starting to freeze it can’t be good ice! I’ve been in williston all of my 27 years and would be very careful

timschmitz
    Waconia MN

Quote:

I really doubt like hell there is 5 inches of ice on the lake! We have had fairly warm temps (high 30s low 40s) for the past few days and it wasn’t that cold before that! Id be very skeptical…we got about 12 inches of snow as the lakes were just starting to freeze it can’t be good ice! I’ve been in williston all of my 27 years and would be very careful

I’d say the samething If I was trying to protect my home waters

drewsdad
    Crosby, MN

Aren’t you supposed to be careful regardless of what you hear?

I stood on the shore watching to guys fish on bare ice. One was on the north end of the lake, the other just off the beach. I walked over to the guy just off the beach and asked him what he was catching and how much ice. He said pike and 5″ of ice. It was a first hand report. I didn’t measure the ice; but there were people walking out and fishing on it. It also got to -6 degrees the other day for a low; so I have no problem believing 5″ of ice.

dd

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.