Visualizing that First Day Out on the Ice

• Quintin Biermann
    Webster, South Dakota

With the murcery dropping I am sure everyone has dreams of ice fishing in there head. With all the new gadgets and gear and what not I do as well. I have images of big eyes and perch coming up the whole through a few inches of ice. But am super excited to slide the otter out on to the first few inches fire up the solo or for that matter twist the hand auger for some big gills. I have a new stick from tuned up customs and a shallow slough in mind holding some big gills just waiting for first ice. The first red mark on the marcum is gonna have every muscle in my body tensed up and on edge. The enclosed picture is some big gills that let me take there picture last winter before I let them swim. Hopefully they bulked up and will come find my offerings soon. Just my thoughts and ambitions for that first day of early ice. -Q

walleyefisher87
    Central MN/ SJU

ohh the gill lakes are calling my name….after an unreal season for the guys and myself last year I am ready to hit the hardwater and break the new record of gills over 10”…..last year was unbelievable…got a few new spots that should be great if they pan out….fyi all the big galls were released except one

Joel Nelson
    Southeast MN

I hear you on that first red mark. The drama! I think I’m going to take some batting practice first on some gill lakes, then move up to the bigs after I’m warmed up.

Joel

jmarksman
    Chequamegon Bay Apostle Islands, WI

Soon! Very Soon! Was just toying around with my panfish rods having visions in my own little corner.

loren_keizer

Hopefully that first “red rocket” that comes across our Marcum’s results in a homerun for all! I don’t get the time I’d like to fish those SD potholes when back visiting family. Looking forward to fishing vicariously thru your reports Quintin!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.