woohooo for marcum flashers

• disabledelf

i just bought marcum lx3tc a few weeks ago and my ice fishing performance has improved a lot. i am a fairly new ice angler and i haven’t been catching that many fish mostly i have been guessing if fish is there and sticking to a spot for hours, and not catching anything. now with the marcum and tell if i should leave.
    before i bought this unit my average fish catch rate a day was about 2 fish. now it has jump to about 15 fish a day. the best thing about this unit is all the info. it can tell you about whats going on down there. one can tell exactly how deep the water so one can tell where to put the jig. it tells me where the fish are holding and if the fish are following my lure. this unit it’s so nice. i seen some suspended fish in the water so i reeled up from the bottom to them and bam a crappie struck. without this unit i would had no clue they would be up there and would be fish less. my favorite thing about this unit is watch the jig rise and fish follow and the anticipation of it to bite it, makes it so much fun. the zoom is awesome it shows bigger target separation and i can decipher more stuff.while in zoom it has entire water column and that has helped me catch fish that hold high and away from the zoom. let me sum this up short and quick i love this unit!!!

walleyefisher87
    Central MN/ SJU

congrats on the purchase…..
    havent fished without some type of electronic in my hand since i was nine…im currently 24 with a bit more knowledge and almost less dollars..
    ..lucky i have a father who would pass his units down to me…..marcum……vexilar they make you a better fishermen…..end of story….i have been known to leave the lake if something goes wrong…..aka dead battery or units just arent working…..cant fish without them…you will find this out

Steve Hix
    Dysart, Iowa

You guy should try it the old fashioned way. When I started ice fishing your only depth finder was a lead weight with an alligator clip on it. You guessed where to fish and moved after a while if you didn’t get a bite. Never had any idea if there were fish under you or not. A lot of things were tougher back then. BK had to walk 2 miles to school and back. Uphill both ways.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Quote:

BK had to walk 2 miles to school and back. Uphill both ways.

Least I had a GPS to tell me how to get there. LOL!

Open water fishing with Dad one summer. He had an Eagle portable locater. By portable, I mean it ran off of 2 six volt battery’s and a suction cup transducer mount for the 14 foot boat. I was to bring along the spare batteries…and I forgot them.

Gills were in 18 feet of water in a certain area of the lake. The batteries were dead when we arrived.

Dad chewed me a new rear end for not bringing batteries along. He was down right mad.

Then I asked him “what did you do 2 years ago when you didn’t have a sonar?”. I threw him a “depth finder” sinker with the alligator clip on it and he shut up.

After cleaning fish that afternoon, I drove into town to get his damn batteries.

From that day on, when we left for a fishing trip he was always ask “you got the batteries” with the smile only a son could recognize.

Sure is a lot easier with todays electronics.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.