Metro Report 2.15.12

• crappykilla86
    Prior Lake, MN

Hey guys! Got out last night to enjoy another beautiful February night, put the smack down on some gills and crappies, and drilled my first couple holes with the new Solo I picked up yesterday!

The auger ran great right out of the box, but man is that thing loud! My ears were ringing for a good half hour after the couple holes I drilled in the portable Fishing wasn’t spectacular, and the crappies really had to be worked. 9x out of 10 last night, I’d get one chasing me from 25′ down all the way up to 5′ under the ice-they’d fly up and as soon as they got on it, would disappear, or bite SO light that a spring bobber wouldn’t even detect the hit I tried everything in the box to see if I could trigger them to be a little more agressive-but their attitude remained the same no matter what I wiggled for em… As far as bluegills go, I’ve never caught so many in the dark before, and great quality for the metro with almost all of them between 7 3/4″ to 8 1/2″ and about a 1/3lb a piece.
    Crappies were mainly taken on a JR’s tungsten gill pill, white glow, tipped with 4-5 silver spikes-my second hole-a pink-head demon jig and crappie minnow under a float set 10′ below the ice.
    The gills were rather easy to catch, the trick was to let the gill pill tipped with spikes sit completely still in the middle of the column of fish and just let your pole sit on the ice-giving the tip of the power noodle a little flick of my finger every 10 seconds- BAM!
    Was a great night on the water, hittin it again tonight I think!
    Oh-I was fishing 32fow, and the fish were suspended solid from 10′ below the ice-ALL the way to the bottom

fishindude644
    Downriver, Michigan

Nice haul. Them are some bull gills.

Dave Ansell
    Rushford, MN

Nice report and great batch of fish there.

I do have one question though, are you trying to send a message to fish in your tank? I see your catch laid out in front of an aquarium there

Reverand
    IGH, minnesota, USA

I did not notice that before. Now thats funny

thebigfishman
    Apple Valley, MN

Nice batch of pannies. I hope I’m wrong but it sounded like by the report that you were fishing by yourself, crappie limit is 10.

Kevin

85lund
    Menomonie, WI

Quote:

Nice batch of pannies. I hope I’m wrong but it sounded like by the report that you were fishing by yourself, crappie limit is 10.

Kevin

REALLY???????? Were going to start this crap again???????? Just read the report and say thanks for posting. If this continues to be the way people are treated when they post a report you won’t see many in the near future. You wonder why I don’t share my fishing success with IDO much

walleyefisher87
    Central MN/ SJU

nice work buddy…..when am i gonna be invited for a meal of fish??

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

Quote:

Quote:

Kevin

REALLY???????? Were going to start this crap again???????? Just read the report and say thanks for posting. If this continues to be the way people are treated when they post a report you won’t see many in the near future. You wonder why I don’t share my fishing success with IDO much

X2 I know another MN website I will not frequent any longer due to this type of posting… IDO only for me and proud of it.

Jamie, good job on the finesse fishing. -Mark

crappykilla86
    Prior Lake, MN

Quote:

Kevin

Hey Kevin, Some jerkoff said the same thing on another site
    Trust me, I’ve caught more fish than you’ve had hot lunches and I know how many I can keep
    To put an end to the slander, lol, and to keep everyone from getting excited- I was fishing with a good buddy of mine and a friend of his. They may have only caught a couple , but we were well below our limits on both species-and they were far from jumping out of the hole….
    I took the catch home to make us all gill/crappie cakes

crappykilla86
    Prior Lake, MN

Quote:

Nice report and great batch of fish there.

I do have one question though, are you trying to send a message to fish in your tank? I see your catch laid out in front of an aquarium there

I’m just letting them know their fate, if they day comes when I ever show up home empty handed

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Nice fish,

iceandwater26
    Cottage Grove, MN

your friends only caught a couple huh??? pretty sure i had the biggest crappie boss

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.