Slender Spoons for LOW

• Trev
    Battle Lake, MN

Headin’ up to Lake of the Woods next week for a few days. Any recommendations for size/color for slender spoons? Ordering some for the OT area lakes figured i might as well add a few more to the aresenal…. tia

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

To start some 1/8oz gold/green prizm Slender Spoons for sure…
    I’m sure some experienced LOW ice heads will pipe in here also…

mike-west
    Amery, WI

anything with Gold for sure.
    Also make sure to have some glow Pink& some Red.
    Start with 1/8 and go up. Should not need anything more than a 1/4, at least I never did.

Joel Nelson
    Southeast MN

Trev:

Last winter up there, Gold/Glow outproduced all others we tried, though I know Cal’s been tearing it up with the Glow/Green in 1/8th, 1/4, and 5/16th sizes depending on depth. Here’s some info from last year on that slender spoon bite:

francisco4
    Holmen, WI

Trev, Just got back yesterday from LOW. We fished the Gill Rock area. Didn’t catch one fish on a Slender spoon. Tried Gold glow and one other in the 1/4 and 1/8 sizes. For quality fish17″+, we used jigging raps(Perch, red chrome, and blue chrome. For pure numbers, it was buck shot spoons (Redish with a pink or gold back and gold with a back that I can’t remember). Good Luck

FDR

walleyefisher87
    Central MN/ SJU

well not to toss anything out there but blue/chrome has been on fire for the last three years for me up there……call it a confidence bait ……idk…..but just saying ……also these baits have mostly been in a pimple or a jigging rap…..sometimes the under utilized baits help….seems like everyone has a glow….red……pink or gold on up there…….just trying to be outside the box
    nice thing is the fish up there are a little more stupid imo
    Charles

out_fishing
    Moorhead, MN

I was up there last weekend as well buddy caught a couple on the smaller gold with green tape ss. I tried alittle bigger one is most other colors and didn’t have much luck. I did have a good run with a smaller black/silver foil lightning spoon. Might as well toss a couple of those in your order…
    good luck.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.