New Lake=Big Bluegills

• travp
    Blaine , Mn

Jamie, myself, and a few other friends hit a new lake yesterday that Jamie thought might be promising. At less then 100 acres we were able to spread out and search for fish. We had to drill a ton of holes as there’s no lake map for this one. I was ready to hit a different lake when Jamie caught the first gill around 3/4 lb. They were in the 15ft to 20ft range in tight schools. The morning bite lasted maybe 15 minutes and went dead for the rest of the day. We stuck it out for the evening bite and were rewarded greatly. Average size was over 9.5″ with fish going into the 1 lb range. Plastics and meat both put fish on the ice. ALL fish were released. I’m betting late ice is going to be phenomenal!

dan stien
    Waunakee, Wisconsin

Nice gills, it is always fun when you find a new place no one sems to fish and it pays off.

red89
    Hudson

How big is that largie?

Jerry Hochhausen
    Madison, Wisconsin

Those are beautiful gills. Had to be a lot of fun.

walleyefisher87
    Central MN/ SJU

was a ton of fun……..but as Trav was making this post he has the audacity to call me and say……”Chuck i think ive been outfishing you all year” my response was “how do you figure”………..haha he replies “well i have way less pictures of you to post”………… well shoot the camera guy who has to give up fishing time to go take pics of his mug……….just wait till the next time out ……payback boys……payback…….

travp
    Blaine , Mn

We could just make you the designated camera man. You wouldn’t have to drag your stuff out on the lake.

walleyefisher87
    Central MN/ SJU

lets quick go thru on who has the biggest on the year…….lmao

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

Ya know Chuck, Trav and I have been talkin about shooting film this summer on ML and he suggested you be our camera guy as you are always wanting to shoot film.

Looks like both Trav and I will be “out fishing” you this summer.

walleyefisher87
    Central MN/ SJU

in all seriousness tho guys……i left my camera in Missouri during the last deer hunting trip down there…..finally got it back so ready to take pics…..if anyone has some cool photos or poses please post them …….always love to try new things…..99 percent dont turn out but when you get that one pic……love it…..

travp
    Blaine , Mn

Quote:

lets quick go thru on who has the biggest on the year…….lmao

I’ve got 3.5 months still

walleyefisher87
    Central MN/ SJU

Mark…….
    Video camera is charged and ready……..still photos imo accent nicely……that is also charged and ready….

crappykilla86
    Prior Lake, MN

I think you make a great camera-man Chuck! You enjoyed taking picture of that “White [censored] in the trees” a little too much I think though….

Seriously, it was a great trip and I’m glad one of my ideas finally panned out Let’s hope we get on another one soon!

Figures- my pictures are the ones that are all fuzzy

Jamie

crappykilla86
    Prior Lake, MN

I think someone asked how big the Largemouth was, I would say somewhere between 4-5lbs. I’m not much of a bass guy, and I was EXTREMELY disappointed when I finally got a look at him after one hell of a fight Someday, it’ll be the gill I’m after!

bigpike

Those are some nice fish fella’s and to you for releasing them all

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

Awesome gills guys!

travp
    Blaine , Mn

Thanks guys. I’m chasing that true 11″+ again tomorrow!

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Just to be fair-that GPS tracker was placed on the “outside” of your vehicle. Hidden, but on the outside.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.