Byllesby Ice?

• vikefanmn77
    Northfield,MN

Thinkin bout getting out this afternoon…anyone been out there yet? Ice thickness?

Boogerbreath
    Bemidji, MN

Report back to the rest of us with what you find out.

-Boogs

jiggin-rake
    inver grove heights, minnesota

This is one lake I definately wanna fish this winter! My buddy lives on the north side of the lake and invited me to come down when the shack is out. I haven’t heard from him so I’m assuming some spots are still a little iffy. Ill also have a report on this lake soon. Any suggestions on lures or bait on this lake? Ill be goin for eyes and pike. C&R

vikefanmn77
    Northfield,MN

Ive always found the walleyes to be really picky on this lake, which is odd because they will crack anything that moves during softwater. Best thing Ive found is a glow jig and minnow under a bobber. Sometimes the simplistic approach is the best. Gonna go test some ice there on Tuesday instead.

Boogerbreath
    Bemidji, MN

Waiting for reports.

It’s a lake I plan to fish sometime soon. Thx

vikefanmn77
    Northfield,MN

UPDATE- Got out last night. Put 2 in the box and lost a few others. Pretty light bite, they wouldnt take big baits, really had to downsize. All fish were marked between 14-20 fow.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Thanks for the update…catfish right?

vikefanmn77
    Northfield,MN

Quote:

Thanks for the update…catfish right?

IS there any other kind???

Walleyes…

vikefanmn77
    Northfield,MN

I imagine you could get catfish there too, you’d just have to learn to work those blade baits just right!!

kegger

the ice been sckechy out there a permant shack went in on fri night lots of water spots up on the ice that lake has a lot of current and they drained the lake to a new winter level so the south end is dry just watch where u play!!! there has been 6 to 8 inchs but not much travel

vikefanmn77
    Northfield,MN

I was sitting on a solid 9″ and there were ATVs everywhere.

rryyaann

9 inches on Friday? Any one go out today? Lookin to go out tomorrow don’t want to waste my time driving if there’s no ice

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.