AmsOil Question

• eye-full
    Waterloo,Ia,USA

For you guys that use AmsOil, what 2 cycle oil do you use for your augers? Looked on their website and had couple different kinds not sure which to get.

Also how much difference do you think Amsoil makes over regular 2 cycle stuff? Thanks.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

I believe Amsoil Saber is the oil most use in their augers. Does it work? Yeah, it seems to smoke less and reduce the amount of unburned oil that comes out of the muffler. Of course not all augers have these issues. IF yours does, it won’t hurt to try a tank or two.

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

Saber Professional,

I like using Sabor like said before keeps the smoke down and less oil build up on the exhaust. I also like it just for the fudge factor of not worrying about mixing to lean.

I’ll run mine at around 70:1 though Amsoil claims safe at 100:1

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

Quote:

Saber Professional,
    I’ll run mine at around 70:1 though Amsoil claims safe at 100:1

Read the label again. Amsoil says Saber can be used in aplications as lean as 100:1, It says nothing about altering the ratio. Is it possible, Maybe? But in all actuality who is going to fix a 2 stroke that was ran too lean? You will be responsible. Its saving pennies in oil not mixing it to the correct ratio. Oil is cheap compared to the cost of a new power head.

I use Amsoil Injector in all my 2 stroke applications mixed per OEM specs or injection.

From Amsoil web site…
    ” Designed for pre-mix applications as lean as 100:1 ratios or richer. Improves throttle response and lowers or eliminates smoke. Minimizes deposit formation and lowers emissions. Performance emphasis on hand-held power equipment such as chainsaws and lawn/utility equipment.”
    -http://www.amsoil.com/a/synthetic-2-cycle-oil

fireline
    Rochester

Quote:

I believe Amsoil Saber is the oil most use in their augers. Does it work? Yeah, it seems to smoke less and reduce the amount of unburned oil that comes out of the muffler. Of course not all augers have these issues. IF yours does, it won’t hurt to try a tank or two.

X2

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

Quote:

Quote:

Saber Professional,I’ll run mine at around 70:1 though Amsoil claims safe at 100:1

Read the label again. Amsoil says Saber can be used in aplications as lean as 100:1, It says nothing about altering the ratio. Is it possible, Maybe? But in all actuality who is going to fix a 2 stroke that was ran too lean? You will be responsible. Its saving pennies in oil not mixing it to the correct ratio. Oil is cheap compared to the cost of a new power head.

I use Amsoil Injector in all my 2 stroke applications mixed per OEM specs or injection.

From Amsoil web site…
    ” Designed for pre-mix applications as lean as 100:1 ratios or richer. Improves throttle response and lowers or eliminates smoke. Minimizes deposit formation and lowers emissions. Performance emphasis on hand-held power equipment such as chainsaws and lawn/utility equipment.”

What do you mean read the label again?

Amsoil says Saber can be used in aplications as lean as 100:1. Did I not say that.
    Amsoil claims safe at 100:1 ” I run at 70:1 to be on the safe side, which is a richer mixture, and from the Amsoil rep from Superior where I get mine, he says it just fine.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Saber Professional,I’ll run mine at around 70:1 though Amsoil claims safe at 100:1

From Amsoil web site…

What do you mean read the label again?

Amsoil says Saber can be used in aplications as lean as 100:1. Did I not say that.
    Amsoil claims safe at 100:1 ” I run at 70:1 to be on the safe side, which is a richer mixture, and from the Amsoil rep from Superior where I get mine, he says it just fine.

The ratio that counts is what is recommended by the manufacturer of the powerhead. For example, if the auger calls for 50:1, run 50:1. Period. Or be prepared to assume responsibility for all warranty repairs.

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

I’m not geting into p”’ng match over how an oil can be used. I’m going off what my auger manufacturer tells me they will warranty and what the Amsoil rep recommends.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ve been running 100 to 1 for years in all my 2 stokes. strikemaster, stihl saw & trimmer, blower, you name it. 0 problems.

shaley
    Milford IA

I have also ran 80-100:1 for years also, my Nils after the first gal at 50:1 has lived on 80:1 and was recomended by Nils to run it like this if using Amsoil… Most the guys I fish with also run this mix in their augers no matter the brand and including the Solo’s. Amsoil does warrenty any damaged proven to be caused by their oil when used according to directions…

cat dude
    Arlington, MN

I run Sabre at 75-1 and that has worked fine. I ran that in my Nils and my Solo.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

I’m going off what my auger manufacturer tells me they will warranty

If your auger manufacturer will warranty it… run it.

banana1
    Bloomington Wi.

If your auger tells of a 40 to 1 use 40 to 1 you can use a 100 to 1 but I will lay money that your auger will not last as long. Ams is the best oil you can buy BUT do what your owners manual tells and you will not have a problem. I use 2 of the packets to a gallon and it works fine.That is a 50 to 1 A little lean of a mix but nothing like 100 to one,and it runs fine,and hardly smokes at all. Jerry

eye-full
    Waterloo,Ia,USA

Wow thanks guys for the great answers. This is my first power auger, usually only fish first and last ice but going to fish more this year. Anything over 12″ with the ole Lazer gets to be much when drilling 20 holes.

I got the OK from the company on using Amsoil, so now just got to pick some up. The way it sounds think I’m going to run it in the rest of my 2 strokes, thanks again for all the info. Bill

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

Now the big question eye-full what auger did you get.

Congrats on the new auger! May your ice still float after its made into Swiss cheese.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I’ve been running sabre at 80:1 in my post-warranty auger for 4 years. No problems yet.

eye-full
    Waterloo,Ia,USA

Not a Strikemaster but for the price I couldn’t say no, a new Eskimo Stingray for 230$.

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

Eskimo is a good piece of equipment you will be very happy with it.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.