Ice Fishing Baby!!!!

• bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

With the days growing shorter so is my patience for the arrival of ice, hard water that is, frozen H2O.

MarCum batteries are charged, the StrikeMaster Lazer Mag has been lit up a few nights and heated up, and the Otter Ice Cottage has been wiped down and ready for action. The only thing left to do is hot sauce the reels to have ready for this winters adventures. I’m running out of things to do that help ease the pain until it is finally time to once again walk on water.

A few things that have helped ease the pain, reading everything I can get my hands on providing information about the MarCum LX-7 that will be hitting the line this year. Checking out the line of boots at WorkBootHaven has to offer. My feet are in need of new comfort this year and that Alpha Ice King is looking sweet weighing in at 5.3lbs

Sorting out and taking inventory on the arsenal of Custom Jigs and Spins tackle which always puts fish fry’s on the ice.

Keeping an eye on the Fleet Farm flyers for them deals a guy just can’t pass up. Trying to plan a trip to Thorne Brothers 7th annual get together Last years was my first and what a hoot it was.

And the list goes on. Tis the time of year when the Iceheads neck swells and they stumble around in a trans like the beginning of the deer rut. The true Ice junky that has been bit hard is not hard to pick out of the crowd when the mornings start with a chill in the air. There the guys and gals still sportin’ T shirts when your breath becomes visible in a frost bitten air. There is a swagger in there step as the days grow shorter and the nights grow colder. There the ones saying have a great day with attitude in there voice knowing it won’t be long and an ice fix will be here. Tis the season to be jolly, fa la la la la la la la la

It’s time to go over your list and check it twice, doesn’t matter if you have been naughty or nice, get your ice gear in order now IceHeads

COME ON ICE

deertracker

Sounds like someone is off their meds.
    DT

Steven Krapfl
    Springville, Iowa

I’m getting the itch, real bad. I tried to put Gold Bond on it, but that didn’t resolve the issue. Especially with the temps dipping in the 40s at night, it’s really starting to itch.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Whiskerkev
    Madison

Those Alphas intrigue me as well.

mfreeman451

you sound like an infomercial..

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

You gotta love our sponsors here at IDO. And truth be told, they provide products that are second to none

Come on ICE

graybeard
    Iowa

It won’t be long! They are talking lows down in the 30s for next week. At least when winter rolls around, I’ll have a little more time for fishing. I hope.

lhprop1
    Eagan

Only 77 days until I have boots on the ice!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.