Sneak Peak Release… MarÇum’s LX7!

• In-Depth Webstaff
    Keymaster

MarCum’s been advancing ice fishing technology for over a decade… the LX7 is the next big push forward!

The culmination of decades of advanced sonar development, the minds at MarCum Technologies recently leaked word of an all-new, totally dynamic sonar system—the LX-7.

Alleged to provide the optimum blend of ‘Sonar DNA’ from MarCum LX Flasher and Digital Fish Finding technologies, LX-7 represents a sweeping fundamental advance in sonar on ice. What we know for now is that the unit operates on a high-resolution digital LCD platform. Driven by a powerful sonar engine, LX-7 rapidly generates vivid underwater images using a virtual real-time display. Meanwhile, a multi-dimensional sonar viewer provides dynamic, user-defined views of fish, lures and structure, all in an
    expansive colorful environment.

Made in the USA

http://www.marcumtech.com

cat dude
    Arlington, MN

I cannot wait to get a peek at one of these new units.

MarCum is always on thier game with the latest technology and the LX-7 should be no exception.

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

WOW….What a tease

I can’t wait to see the real deal

Any specs released, more pictures, anything for a guy with a peaked interest in the unit????

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

I’m sure the next questions will be “so what’s new about it?!” Truth is the answer is just about everything. The display itself is completely new, the technology used to show the info on the display is new… and for the first time the user gets to choose what info is displayed and how the info will look to suit their individual preferences. And of course this unit is more accurate with target separation improvements, etc.

Basically the LX7 takes the best features of the MarCum flashers and digital Showdown units and combines them, some completely new technologies and features are added, and what you get is one wickedly powerful and accurate piece of ice fishing electronics.

As for the specifics… MarCum is going to hold off until July when the first LX7 will be unveiled to the public at Icast. Until then… mums the word.

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

Quote:

WOW….What a tease

I love talking about ice fishing in May..

Jeez James you’re killing us!!!

First it was the MX, Now its the LX-7…

You are the king of suspense! A guy can only wait for so long and you keep teasing us!

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

You are the king of suspense! A guy can only wait for so long and you keep teasing us!

Actually I wanted to share more info this time but I just didn’t have the votes to make it happen.

Should I demand a recount?

Of course, unlike the MX which everybody wants NOW, nobody will actually need to lay hands on an LX7 before July. So it should be a little easier to take. And I assure you, this baby is worth the wait.

FYI – ICast is July 11 – 13 this summer. I’ll be attending and doing video coverage from the show. One of the first places people will be able to get the scoop on this new unit will be right here.

Dave Ansell
    Rushford, MN

Not Nice

How’s a guy supposed to keep up with all this new stuff?

Maybe I can get lucky and find a deal on a used LX-5 as an upgrade for me

I thought something was in the works when I saw you basically give away that LX-5 yesterday.

Looks like i’m going to have to follow suit with my LX-3 if this unit is everything I think it will be.

matt_grow
    Albertville MN

Whoever has one of these,……Get ahold of me.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

I thought something was in the works when I saw you basically give away that LX-5 yesterday.

That was completely unrelated… I had to make room in the garage for summer stuff.

poppy402
    Eagle Point Wisconsin

Oh boy! Come on cold weather lol! This is going to be exciting!

Joel Nelson
    Southeast MN

Quote:

Quote:

Actually I wanted to share more info this time but I just didn’t have the votes to make it happen.

Should I demand a recount?

Of course, unlike the MX which everybody wants NOW, nobody will actually need to lay hands on an LX7 before July. So it should be a little easier to take. And I assure you, this baby is worth the wait.

FYI – ICast is July 11 – 13 this summer. I’ll be attending and doing video coverage from the show. One of the first places people will be able to get the scoop on this new unit will be right here.

It’s been 6 years since Marcum released its flagship unit, and industry leading sonar the LX-5…..which means this has been years and years of suggestions, redesigns, and rapid ice electronics evolution.

As far as votes, I was right there with you James! However, like you said, July is a short wait for what’s about to come. In keeping with previous Marcum sonar releases, the features on this unit will change how we fish.

Joel

hop307
    Northern Todd County

Sweet I am due for an upgrade.

I probably know the answer to this question but did not see anybody else ask yet, what is going to be the price on this beast.

jigging_jag
    SE Minnesota

I know where there’s a Vexilar FL-20 Ultra Pack for sale (IDO Classifieds)

I just hope the new LX-7 is not $600+ bucks!

Excited.

chomps
    Sioux City IA

Quote:

the guy sleeps with a smile on his face knowing how little we know

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Very interested in seeing more! Now, if they could just add enough technology so that I could mount the transducer to the ATV and shoot through the ice while driving around at 5 to 8 mph. Sure would be nice to eliminate drilling holes while scouting

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

Quote:

I probably know the answer to this question but did not see anybody else ask yet, what is going to be the price on this beast.

I would imagine that its going to be priced at fishermen budget, no point in coming out with a new unit and have it priced so high that it doesn’t sell. Along with the latest technology put into the new LX-7, the price point was also something very high on priority list. stay tuned its going to be a fun winter!

Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

Quote:

Basically the LX7 takes the best features of the MarCum flashers and digital Showdown units and combines them, some completely new technologies and features are added, and what you get is one wickedly powerful and accurate piece of ice fishing electronics.

Boy am I a lucky guy (for a change )
    Early last season I was torn between a Showdown or an LX5……..

Looks like I don’t have that problem anymore

Although I have a feeling I better save up a little more greenbacks…

I can’t wait to hear the details!

dandorn
    M.I.N.N.E.S.O.T.A.

Have you field tested this James?

corey-studer

Quote:

Quote:

I would imagine that its going to be priced at fishermen budget, no point in coming out with a new unit and have it priced so high that it doesn’t sell. Along with the latest technology put into the new LX-7, the price point was also something very high on priority list. stay tuned its going to be a fun winter!

I heard it will retail for ~$699.
    http://www.thegunsource.com/item/536591_Marcum_Marine_MarCum_LX7_Color_Sonar_Ice_System_8000W_Dual_Beam.aspx

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

500…I think it would be best to wait for a price from Marcum…..the coffee is on

corey-studer

Ok Cal. Just looks like some already have it PRICED in their systems with out having stock… Thought I had one link that showed the price with decription.
    Corey

inge66

Quote:

Quote:

WOW….What a tease

I love talking about ice fishing in May..

Me to

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

You just knew this post was going to bring the Vex guys out of the closet…right Corey

I can’t wait to see what MarCum has brought to the table too blow the competition away once again

Only armed with the information that James has provided so far, I’ll leave it at that!

bosman
    DeSoto, WI

I knew there was a reason I “limped” through last ice season with sub par electronics.

Steven Krapfl
    Springville, Iowa

Well, it’s about time Marcum came out with something new. I was sitting here polishing my FL-22 when I came across this post, interesting…

smokinbobo
    Monticello / Guthrie, MN

So what do you think about 360 degree side imaging from an ice sonar? We can do it in linear fashion while moving on open water. Did Marcum develop it in circular fashion while we are sitting still or looking for those fish that we just missed up or down the break….

ekruger01

So after the troubles I had with a brand new LX5 last season I swore I would never buy a marcum again, But this Is peaking my interest! Might just find one on my gear list for this year!

chriswallace
    Andover, MN

Quote:

It’s been 6 years since Marcum released its flagship unit, and industry leading sonar the LX-5…..which means this has been years and years of suggestions, redesigns, and rapid ice electronics evolution.

James/Joel/Cal did any of work with this unit on the ice? Or a part of the design?

So how many guys were testing this? Six years working on this there should be thousands upon thousands of hours logged on the demo units…right? Bitterly cold, the “extreme conditions”? Not just flipped the transducer off a dock or into a swimming pool?

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.