Ice reports??

• justfishmn
    Pine City, Minnesota

Hi all I was wondering what the ice conditions are up on the lake now. If anyone has any info and would like to report I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

fishingallday

23 1/2 to 24 inches of ice in areas I have been. Truck traffic everywhere on the lake. Should be good to go.

justfishmn
    Pine City, Minnesota

Thank you so much. I’ve never ice fished it before. Going to try in out next week

TimJones
    Lake Osakis,MN

Yep, 24 inches everywhere I have been. Not much for snow either so it is easy to move around.

fishingallday

Is there still a lot of houses around Mantheys bay? Was up there the 27 weekend and there were quite a few.

justfishmn
    Pine City, Minnesota

Awesome thanks guys.

fishingallday

Anyone know if the lake has begun to make some ice yet?

TimJones
    Lake Osakis,MN

Lake pretty much locked up I think two nights ago. Haven’t seen anyone out yet in the Buck Point, Battle Point, Schultz’s Bay or Moon Bar area yet. Still to early I think. Haven’t been over to Manthey”s Bay so don’t know if anyone is venturing out there yet. That area usually locks up early. Usually there are a couple of spear houses out early in the Town Bay, Peterson’s Bay, Two mile area but didn’t see any out there yesterday. More often than not there is a ice heavy early in the season that stretches from Battle Point, kind of WSW across to the rushes on the west side of the lake. It pop by Battle Point yesterday morning but only went about a quarter of the way across. Looked healed up this morning.

Pailofperch
    Central Mn North of the smiley water tower

Report of a side by side falling through. Be careful guys.

TimJones
    Lake Osakis,MN

That happened a week ago on the 14th. Don’t know what the guy was thinking. He was plowing snow to make an area for an ice rink. People had barely started walking out at that time.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.