Ice Force Lithium 12 volt charger issue.

• turkeynate
    Iowa

I just tried to charge my Ice Force lithium battery with my lithium charger however the red light just flashes at me. Normally when I plug it in its green until I hook it up to my battery for charging. It then turns solid red until done charging which displays solid green again.

Anybody know what the flashing red light means? Thanks for the help!

James and other IDO staff I know you guys run these batteries. Hopefully you can shed some light on my issue.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

I just tried to charge my Ice Force lithium battery with my lithium charger however the red light just flashes at me. Normally when I plug it in its green until I hook it up to my battery for charging. It then turns solid red until done charging which displays solid green again.

Anybody know what the flashing red light means? Thanks for the help!

James and other IDO staff I know you guys run these batteries. Hopefully you can shed some light on my issue.

I wish I had more info for you but I’ve never seen a flashing red light at any time. Is it a charger issue? Is it a battery issue? Is there an issue? Honestly I’m not sure. My first course of action would be to send Rapala an email and get clarification.

Steve Hix
    Dysart, Iowa

On some chargers it means the polarity is backwards or the battery is too hot or cold to charge.

turkeynate
    Iowa

Thanks guys! I remember getting some paperwork talking about the lights and what they mean with the charger/batteries however I no longer have the paperwork. Was curious if anybody knew off the top of their head.

I double checked the polarity and allowed the batteries to warm up but no change in lights.

I’ll give Rapala a call in the morning.

Last question. Anybody know where I can pick up one of these chargers in MN. Heading to LOTW Fri leaving from Iowa and am nervous about not being able to recharge my batteries. Thanks guys. I’ll let you know what I find out.

I believe on that charger, flashing red implies incorrect voltage detected. I’m getting this off the clean republic forums.

turkeynate
    Iowa

I’ve tried this charger on both of my lithium batteries and it does the same thing. Both batteries appear to be fine since they power up my Marcum camera and flasher. I’m hoping it is just isolated to the charger.

Kent thompson
    Foreston mn

Turkey I was curious about this as well. I just got the ice force battery and charger a couple of weeks ago,the light was red at first not flashing and after about 2-1/2 hours turned green.I was very surprised I never got anything as far as paperwork or any kind of instructions with the battery, or the charger. Please let us know what you find out. Also I would really be surprised if after calling and talking to rapala in the am that they would be able to have one at your door if it needed to be replaced before you left my last 3 orders have shown up in 2 days very impressive

Hot Runr Guy
    West Chicago, IL

Not that this is relevant, but my Craftsman lithium multi-chemistry charger flashes red if the battery is too cold, too hot, or deeply dis-charged, and needs to trickle-charge it before full charging can begin.

HRG

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Isn’t there a fuse inline ?

See if this is blown…

turkeynate
    Iowa

Unfortunately there isn’t a inline fuse.

http://www.rapala.com/marcum/accessories/batteries-and-chargers/lithium-12volt-3amp-battery-charger/SEE12V3ALBC.html?cgid=marcum-accessories-batteriesChargers&start=2

I called Rapala customer service today however I got a message saying they are closed for the holiday and will be back Jan 4th.

Well guess I’ll get to test out how long I can run on these batteries….
    I’ll report back after my trip.

Thanks for all the help guys!

turkeynate
    Iowa

Quick update on my issue. It turned out my charger had gone bad. New one works great.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.