ice fishing 2020-21

• Eric G
    Eagle River,WI

with all this recent covid stuff and places being shut down for some months im wondering if theres going to be any product this winter for ice fishing…I work at a tackle shop and we are so depleted in stock right now due to our wholesalers not having any supply…what do you all think>

bigpike

I have plenty of products from previous seasons I’ll be just fine. As long as there is bait for my tip ups and tip downs. Luckily we dont depend on China for live bait. Now all we need is some cold!

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

It’ll be interesting to see. I think it will be much better than it has been for the open water season. But we will see. I just hope we can have the ice show. But I’m not too optimistic.

Walleyestudent Andy Cox
    Garrison MN-Mille Lacs

I have plenty of products from previous seasons I’ll be just fine. As long as there is bait for my tip ups and tip downs. Luckily we dont depend on China for live bait. Now all we need is some cold!

I would say I’m fortunate enough having most all my needs/wants covered now, thankfully filling it out with this past end of season clearance sales.

Hard to imagine I have everything now, but I can’t invent more stuff to buy…other than bait.

I’ve been hearing more and more about widespread fishing gear shortages now, hopefully that issue doesn’t carry over into ice fishing equipment.

No matter, I already have the Strikemaster 40V and a set of Finicky Foolers. peace

Ice Cap

I have too much stuff already! A lack of new thing a ma jigs on the store shelves will save me some money and give me a chance to use some of the stuff I have still in packages.

As long as there’s some live bait and ice. I hope we get lucky with the winter storms this year and the resorts have a good season. Between the storms and covid some resorts took a financial beating.

maddogg

I’ve got enough stuff to last at least 37 more years.

Doug M
    SE SD

If I don’t see it(new lures-gear), I won’t know I need it. I will be happy to use what I got. I have missed the ice show only once (wife had bad back) in last 8-9 years but figure won’t be in st Paul first weekend in December this year. Hope I am wrong.

Dash Adams

I use Ice rods a lot in the summer to vertically fish for perch. I’m looking to upgrade a combo. Online my go to site is FISHUSA and there stock is pretty depleted. I’m guessing they don’t refill a lot of product in the summer due to lack of demand.

Any websites that others use as there go to for Ice Fishing gear?

eyeguy507
    SE MN

I don’t even have the time to use stuff I got 10 years ago yet. I do think there will be more ice fishing going on this year so some product will be harder to find. Then again as long as there is beer, most of the new winter anglers will be fine.

Rodwork
    Farmington, MN

It seems like all aspects of fishing is getting harder to find. I am even having a hard time finding the components I want to make more rods. Unless everything gets ramped back up I don’t see it getting any better anytime soon.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

I would expect more of the same for ice fishing gear as you’ve seen this season for soft water.

If you are reasonably close, and sick of empty pegs, go to the new EP Scheels. I saw lures in abundant supply at MSRP that I’ve ONLY seen on ebay for double the cost recently. I asked someone if they think they will be able to keep items in stock and he said “that’s our goal.” Take that for whatever it means.

shady5

Funny! BTW, you have the coolest avatar.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.