I have determined I have an uncanny ability to tick people off.

• Kevin Collins
    Apple Valley, MN.

So my first few days on this forum I was able to pretty much offend everyone here. Compared me to some troll that played most of you as a woman. To the point I don’t feel overly welcome here. Then I lease a spot in Garrison only to be treated poorly by a waitress at the Y Club, yelled at for not using my turn signal, my boat swamped for what I assume was for getting too close to a bass fisherman and then yelled at by the Harbor Inn Bartender for talking bad about my service at the Y Club. I was up there last week with a buddy of mine to relax, fish and get caught up. At the end my buddy said “boy they aren’t very Minnesota nice up here are they?” Never in my life have I had anyone deliberately try to swamp my boat. It was close as it was extremely scary. One I didn’t know that could happen to my boat and two that someone would do that. All I can do is shake my head. I thought Mille Lacs was going to be this fun place to get away, relax, fish, and have enjoyable experiences.

Just ranting folks. Not overly pleased with the situation right now. Go on with your day.

Sharon
    SE Metro

I’m sorry to hear you’ve had some negative experiences, Kevin. I’ve lived in MN my whole life and I love it here. But indeed there are jerks everywhere, in every state. I’m not trying to make excuses for people being rude (especially someone trying to swamp your boat – that’s just ridiculously unsafe!), but everyone has bad days and some days it seems like everyone you run into is having a bad day. Hopefully things start to look up for you!

Dutchboy
    Central Mn.

It’s a small world. Make a splash and lots of people get wet.

Dusty Gesinger
    Minnetrista, Minnesota

Sounds like you could learn some tact. Enjoy your next attempt at relaxing.

crappie55369
    Mound, MN

Sometimes odd sh*t happens and you look around confused as to why a situation went the way it did. When it continually happens and the one common denominator is you, it may be time to look inward.

Eelpoutguy
    Farmington, Outing

I used to be a people person until people wrecked it.

Kevin Collins
    Apple Valley, MN.

Sometimes odd sh*t happens and you look around confused as to why a situation went the way it did. When it continually happens and the one common denominator is you, it may be time to look inward.

That’s a fair statement Cappie55369 but it only has to do with Mille Lacs… Every other forum I belong to, every other lake I’ve gone to never have I had the experiences I’m having now.

It has to be me. Perhaps I do need to learn some tact. I just find it odd it never happens anywhere else.

I’m with with eelpoutguy. People are wrecking it. LOL….

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Yup, could be just a random bunch of events that leave you scratching your head, could be a common denominator. If you are close enough to a boat for them to swamp you, you are too close. And you should use your turn signal, they might be more particular about that in that area since Johnson’s Portside ends each video with “Don’t forget to use your signal…”

Kevin Collins
    Apple Valley, MN.

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>crappie55369 wrote:</div>

Yup, could be just a random bunch of events that leave you scratching your head, could be a common denominator. If you are close enough to a boat for them to swamp you, you are too close. And you should use your turn signal, they might be more particular about that in that area since Johnson’s Portside ends each video with “Don’t forget to use your signal…”

Yes another fair statement there Bigwerm. I passed him by 55 or 65 yards. He was anchored I was trolling. We continued down another 50 or 60 yards and stopped to bring in our lures and planer boards and call it a day. He was facing north, huge triton bass boat. He dropped the throttle and broke right. This outboard just roared he was so deep into the throttle… He made a complete circle around us and then busted ass north again. The wake came over the back of my boat 3 times. My bilge instantly kicked in and started pumping water. I had taken on so much water the float switch kicked in. I was in complete shock.

blank

Yeah, that definitely sounds like a real d*ck move on his part and unwarranted. Perhaps he was irritated that you had trolled by him and then stopped and packed up just after you got past him.

I agree with Crappie and Werm that sometimes things just happen. But I do highly encourage you to use your turn signal, especially when pulling a boat. I mean, it is a law and they’re there for a reason.

Kevin Collins
    Apple Valley, MN.

Yeah, that definitely sounds like a real d*ck move on his part and unwarranted. Perhaps he was irritated that you had trolled by him and then stopped and packed up just after you got past him.

I agree with Crappie and Werm that sometimes things just happen. But I do highly encourage you to use your turn signal, especially when pulling a boat. I mean, it is a law and they’re there for a reason.

I know I know… The wife said the same thing. LOL… About the pulling the boat that is.

tangler
    Inactive

Yes another fair statement there Bigwerm. I passed him by 55 or 65 yards. He was anchored I was trolling. We continued down another 50 or 60 yards and stopped to bring in our lures and planer boards and call it a day. He was facing north, huge triton bass boat. He dropped the throttle and broke right. This outboard just roared he was so deep into the throttle… He made a complete circle around us and then busted ass north again. The wake came over the back of my boat 3 times. My bilge instantly kicked in and started pumping water. I was in complete shock.

No excuse for that shite in my opinion. 50 yards may as well be a mile. I’d advise Mr. Triton to stay away from pool 4 if he’s that territorial.

On the other items… I mean, your waitress was crabby, somebody yelled at you for breaking the law, and somebody else called you out for publicly trashing the crabby waitress. This is pretty standard human behavior.

Mr. Derek
    NULL

Most of these issues could have been avoided had you just went to Muggs. Best burgers in the area and the 3rd best chili in Wahkon!

Jake Jacobs

Mr. Derek … how many different chili’s are there in Wahkon? )

bullcans
    Northfield MN

I used to be a people person until people wrecked it.

rotflol rotflol rotflol That’s a good one. Isn’t that the truth!

Mr. Derek
    NULL

Mr. Derek … how many different chili’s are there in Wahkon? )

That’s what their sign said lol I thought there were only two places to eat in Wahkon

eyeguy507
    SE MN

I’ve heard about people being rude pricks around the resorts on ML from multiple sources but never experienced that at Hunters point or Macs, which are the only 2 I’ve been at. EPG is spot on with his comment. All it takes is one guy to ruin it for the rest of us. Sounds like you were on a roll there!

BoatsHateMe
    Between Pool 2 and Pool 4

You strike me as a younger man that is under 40 years old. If you are, wait until you get older, Like 50 or older.

My dog recently passed and this weekend I found myself looking at another one after I swore I was done with dogs. After reading this thread, I understand why. It goes back to the old adage “ The more people I meet, the better I like my dog”

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

I’m with you on that one BHM.I would much rather spend time with my dog or other dogs than i would with 90% of the people out there.Oh by the way Triton guy was a dick.

Matt Moen
    South Minneapolis

Try not to let the minor stuff get to you. Once you realize that most of the stuff doesn’t matter your entire outlook changes. Maybe Triton guy had a terrible day – death in the family, lost his job, who knows? Doesn’t excuse his behavior but who cares. Don’t let his bad day ruin yours.

There is nothing wrong with most people out there – I think most people are generally good natured. If you let the one or two that aren’t get you down then that’s half the problem.

If you realize you are the one or two then stop it……if you don’t then bad karma is gonna come your way.

This is kinda like the boat etiquette thread….worry about helping others and not getting so mad with minor inconveniences and life gets better immediately.

First world problems, my man.

john23
    St. Paul, MN

The Mille Lacs area has plenty of good people, too. Good luck!

Kevin Collins
    Apple Valley, MN.

Guys you all put a smile on my face with your posts… All good stuff… I think more than anything I was embarrassed for my friend. I wanted him to come up there and be impressed. Instead he walked away with a different perspective than I had hoped.

For the record I’ll own the turn signal thing. The Triton Guy is the one that burned me the most. If I had had one more wave my boat would be on the bottom of Garrison Reef right now. It helps knowing you guys agree that was a dick move.

Thanks.

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

Here’s the tough thing to get a handle on. Getting mad at somebody is your choice. You can’t make me mad, I can choose to get mad at you. Now I’ll be the first to admit that these are high sounding words and I for one have a heck of a time living up to them. But I know it’s true. It gets easier as you get older too. I’m old enough now that I can do the “disgusted head shake” and walk away. But again, how you react to things is pretty much up to you.

Here’s another one…meeting anger with more anger always turns out badly. The nicer you are to somebody that is angry, the harder it is for them to keep it up.

Here’s hoping your future encounters are with the nice folks out there, and that Mr. Triton finds a rock and tears off his lower unit and can’t get out on the water for a while.

S.R.

Dusty Gesinger
    Minnetrista, Minnesota

What kind of boat are you out on mille lacs in that swamps that easy? Definitely upgrade your bilge pumps.

Kurt Turner
    Kasson, MN

The good news? It’s never too late to change.

Best part of being alive? Every waking minute YOU get to choose YOUR attitude. Choose wisely. Your legacy depends on it.

Kevin Collins
    Apple Valley, MN.

What kind of boat are you out on mille lacs in that swamps that easy? Definitely upgrade your bilge pumps.

It was the way the wake hit me. It hit me from the front first tipping the rear of my boat down when the rear wave hit the back of my boat. All that water came right over the top of transom. Now I’m lower in the water with 6″ of water in the back of my boat, when the exact same thing happened again. All this happened is seconds. By now I’m so low in the water the third wave had no trouble coming in. After it was all done the water was above my floor decking. It scared the day lights out of me. I never knew something like that could happen. I’ve been in some rough water with that boat and it has handled it like a champ. It was like this guy knew what he was doing and knew what was going to happen.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.