Morels Anyone?

• ragerunner
    Winona, MN

While fixing fences yesterday, I checked out a few elms and to my dismay, the morels are up. Not big, but I found them by 4 trees along the fence. With the weather that’s coming, I’m not too excited about the early arrival. It may be another tough year.

FYI: There are 10 morels in the last picture. How many can you see???

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Why the dismay? Do you only like to eat them in May..

ragerunner
    Winona, MN

Quote:

Why the dismay? Do you only like to eat them in May..

No, I’m a seller, not an eater.

There’s a good chance of some below freezing weather, which could leave them stunted. Plus, I have a lot of fencing to do before I should focus on picking morels.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Anyone see anything? I hit a prime location yesterday morning and nothing. The only problem is this is a brand new spot. Nothing proven but it looks so good I would stake my morel reputation on it. As a matter of fact I have never seen a more promising spot in my life. Not a dead elm here and there but half a dozen in view at all times. I cant wait to find out.

I’ll start hitting some known spots the next warm up so I know when they are on.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Yesterday was THE day for me. I picked a good half gallon at lunch (posted pic on fishing side) then found twice that many after work. All were on hills or had access to sun. I think the flatland spots will come on next week. Just a guess but I will know then. I hit a major flatland spot yesterday but only found three (in the sun) and tiny ones just starting in the shade. Its here. The very short season has begun and I got the fever bad.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

They are on around here. Right now. I would say this week is THE week. Get out if you are interested.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Bigguns.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.