That was a first for me!

• robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Well after Stacie got home and took the lil guy off my hands I headed out in the dark and started to try to get the leaves picked up in the front yard. Just as I started so did the rain. So I drove back the mower into the garage and grabbed my Gamehide Fishing Rain Gear. So in the daskness @ 5:15, the pouring rain, the warm temps and the lightning storm on November 10, I barely got the front yard done before the leaves got too wet and continued to clog the mower.

Go Figure, it seems that is the way this year is going!

big_g
    Isle, MN

Rob do what I did… blow em into the woods

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Big G I did that for the first two times, the last two I have mowed and bagged them.

Remember I have a tree or two in my yard.

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

Yep that was me last night too. Rain jacket, rake, and head lamp to get the job done. As long as I can can still hunt on the weekends, I’ll do what I have to.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Fife yes I forgot the head lamp too.

The neighbors must of thought What the Heck?????

Yep, this year I have been able to get out a day or two a week. So I do my house chores at night during the week.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

I lucked out as I have been off work for going on 3 weeks now so I work on them in between the morning and evening hunts. I chop them up with the John deer, I go around the yard in circles and blow the leaves to the center of the yard into one row and then pick them up with a lawn sweeper it works great. Sure beats raking them up.

mark_johnson
    St. Croix River

I got a new toy this year…multi-purpose I used the John Deere to blow them into wind rows and then just plowed it across the yard into a pile. It literally took a fraction of the time.
    = more hunting time!

steve_white
    St Germain, WI

You guys are killing me. I just leave it for the wife to do. Hunting and fishing is far more important.

She has been after me to fix the mower for awhile now. The other day I came home from a morning on the water. She was sitting in the front yard with a scissors cutting the grass. Not saying a word to her for safety reasons I went in the house. Came back out a few minutes later walked up to her. Said here ya go, handing her a toothbrush. Said when your done. Sweep the driveway!!!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.