Youth Deer Hunting

• deertracker

Just a quick question about the new free tag for youth. My son is 10. Does he need an apprentice hunter validation to hunt? When I first read the regulations it looked like he did. Now that I read them again it looks like he just needs to be accompanied and under direct supervision on an adult.
    DT

Anonymous

no apprentice ship needed. my 10 year has a free tag. The youth needs a DNR # so have his SSN, DOB, etc ready.

deertracker

I got him a MNDNR a couple years ago, Thanks.
    DT

riveratt
    Central Wisconsin US-of-A

First off good for you getting your child in the field early. In Wisconsin we are able to do that as well this year and we will be taking our 11 year old out. As I recall we need a youth license here and the cost, IIRC, is $7. I’m pretty dang excited to take my boy out opening morning!

yellowdog
    Alma Wi

I am also taking advantage of the mentoring program with my grandson. He already has 6 ducks and a goose under his belt and I hope to put him on some pheasants today. I have hardiy fired a shot this year and it’s already my best hunting season ever Good luck and a safe hunt to all our young hunters.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.