My worst 24 hours

• hof
    Rochester, MN

OK, I think the Zumbro will be good to us. The ice is plenty thick, even for Bill but he still won’t try it. See you in a little bit, dress warm!

wildfan
    Ogilvie Minnesota

Yup…you don’t have to ask…got my nose warmer along!

…and may the person that posts “would that be Bill’s butt” never catch a fish again!!

yellowjacket
    Byron, MN

Good luck you guys out there…tis a hard bite…spent all day out there again yesterday (9 am till 6 pm) and caught 2 keepers….

They say the bite has been bad since the last cold snap, but then I hear guys catching fish..so who knows…

Good luck out there boys

Dean Marshall
    Chippewa Falls WI /Ramsey MN

I will have the fry pan ready to go !

stuart
    Mn.

Going right by my house and don’t ask if I want to tag along,guess I know where I am on your list..

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Don’t worry BK….my is bigger than yours so nobody will mistake us. Would of been nice if HOF would of turned up the heat this weekend instead of waiting till next weekend when he knows I’m at the sportshow all weekend. Was hoping to have spent some time at Willow, Chester or Pontoon but the heat is turned WAY down.
    Thanks, Bill

hof
    Rochester, MN

I’m just back home after a rather cold outing. Poor BK found out his heater didn’t work, so had to make a run to town in order to buy a new one. Of course he missed the best bite while gone. I had 5 crappies by the time he got back. I sure like my Yukon shelter and new heater! The air temp was -21 when I pulled up to the lake this morning!!!

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

-21 degrees is exactly why I’m inside at home. Brrrrrr. Just got done posting the major 2008 Walleye Tournament schedules in the Walleye Tournament Headquarters Forum on the site. I still need to hear from some guys about the local Pool 4 tournaments yet so I can post them. I figured today was a very good day to get some work done on the tournament forum with the temps as low as they are and trying to shake this darn cold before next weekend. Are you at or coming down to the sportshow? Stop in and we can talk fishin. What kind of heater did you buy and what kind did Briank get?
    Thanks, Bill

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I bought a temporary heater. Need to get mine fixed before this coming weekend.

Mike we pulled in two Doug Mercer size gills…like moments after you left….then my partner chipped his nails, so we said goodbye to Dan and headed home.

We’ll have to get together after the Lake of the Woods outing…and get the rest of the guys out there too…make a wagon circle with the houses so we can yak…a bit more.

Petert had a good time…I’m working in the morning so I’ll get the report up Monday night I’m guessing.

Bill…you should have stopped out!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Dean, you posted after I left…the FW would have liked it if you would have put an apron on again…I know I would have enjoyed it.

Stuart…we’re going catfish picture taking…any day now….rumor has it.

hof
    Rochester, MN

The fish were there, just a tougher bite. Next time, we can crank up the thermostat about 40 degrees for Billy so that he can come out to play too.

mrcrappie
    mn Dodge co.

Wish I could’ve made it out with ya all today, just couldn’t swing it, Next time for sure.

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Quote:

Mike we pulled in two Doug Mercer size gills…like moments after you left….then my partner chipped his nails, so we said goodbye to Dan and headed home.

We’ll have to get together after the Lake of the Woods outing…and get the rest of the guys out there too…make a wagon circle with the houses so we can yak…a bit more.

Petert had a good time…I’m working in the morning so I’ll get the report up Monday night I’m guessing.

Have you ever noticed that I NEVER hear about these meetings on the ice until afterwards. Can’t imagine why…somebody trying to tell me something?

ps. BK, are you coming to the Rochester get together? Hope to see you there. Save me a spot for bsing in your ice house like last time. Maybe we will even pay attention enough [not] to catch some fish.

hof
    Rochester, MN

Quote:

Quote:

Have you ever noticed that I NEVER hear about these meetings on the ice until afterwards. Can’t imagine why…somebody trying to tell me something?

ps. BK, are you coming to the Rochester get together? Hope to see you there. Save me a spot for bsing in your ice house like last time. Maybe we will even pay attention enough [not] to catch some fish.

Let’s just say that you are predictable Bill…. The other word that comes to mind is whimp.

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

I was a warm whimp though. Got my work done and was warm too. The football games were good too.
    Thanks, Bill

ps. are you trying to tell me that the next time we fish together your motto will be: ”have whimp will travel.”

big_g
    Isle, MN

I just have to share with everyone, how my weekend went. I got off work at 5:00 friday night. The plan was to go to the cabin by Mille Lacs and cut trails with a borrowed Bobcat with a brush cutter. Anyways, we head out around 5:30…. 2 miles from Foley on Hwy 23, we are cruising along when B A M , the left front wheel comes off the trailer !!! It is cruising behind me in the other lane… thankfully, nobody was coming the other way and it came across the road and ended up in the ditch/woods, right behind where I could get stopped. Every stud broke clean off !!! I retrieved the wheel, pulled ahead about a 1/4 mile and parked in a farmyard. They were not home, so I left a note what was going on. I drove back to St Cloud and went to Mills Fleet, got some new studs and nuts and went to my work and pounded out the studs and pressed new ones in. Back to the trailer and a little wrenching and we were back on the road. 20 minutes later, cruising down a county road and I see a deer run across the road up ahead. I slowed down, because I figured there would be more….. yep, perfect timing, the fawn comes running onto the road and stops dead, right in front of the truck, I have the wheels squealing, on the trailer and truck, theres another car coming in the other lane….. SMACK !!! I go right over it, both truck wheels, both trailer wheels… Just creamed it. Finally, we got to the cabin at 10:00 PM. Only lost about 2 1/2 hours. Next morning I got up and cut trails behind the cabin. Everything went good. Then I loaded up to head over to the new 120 acres, myself and some buddies picked up this spring. After meeting my buddy and brother there, we unloaded my 4 wheeler, to check out the spot where we wanted to cut trails. I drove back, by myself and about 100 yards back, I notice it is pretty wet. I kept going and it kept getting deeper and deeper water ???? Next thing you know, there was a downed tree and I ran right into it. The wheeler stopped and I was immediately buried. I spent the next 1 1/2 hours, winching my wheeler around. I went from tree to tree to turn it completely 180 degrees. This was done standing/walking in mosquito infested, stinky, dirty, slimy, cold black mud/water. I almost lost a shoe about 100 times… I finally got out of there and got back out to the road. I told them, NO WAY was the bobcat getting unloaded there. The beavers had a creek dammed up and until we can get rid of that, we wouldn’t be getting in there anytime soon. So we decided to head to my buddys other property, just around the corner and cut/clean some trails. We checked it out on the wheeler and decided how far back we could go before it got soft. I got back there pretty good, I stopped where we decided to quit. We looked around a little bit and then I climbed back in the bobcat… you guessed it… it buried itself I probably went 10 feet too far….. we spent the next 2 hours, lifting the front and rear wheels, and basically built a log road under the thing, to back up about 15 feet… We finally got outta there and then back to the cabin for a shower and a few coldies. I could not wait for 6:00 PM last night, so my 24 hours of he77 could be over. So…. what did you do this weekend ???

lick

i went fishing and had wayyyy more fun than you

sorry bout your crappy weekend glad you survived

tony_p
    Waterloo, IA

I shot my bow, and check out some land down here that I just got word that I could hunt. Then I took my wife out for supper. Today I wnet golfing then shot the bow with my son. Now im havin a cool one . It was a great weekend. Thanks for asking

deertracker

I had to work….I think my weekend was worse.
    DT

coppertop
    Central MN

Yikes! It can only get better from here. I thought fishing in the rain was bad for a few hours.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Big G I her ya. Same thing happened to me this Spring when I tried to do some clearing up at the property. Yep lift up the front as high as you can and jam enough wood below it to get traction.

Sorry to hear about your misfortunes. When it rains it pours.

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Ahhh,, no fun at all.. And if it was a rented bobcat, Nothing better than knowing the meter is running when you’re building a log road underneath the thing!

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Just think G, now you got that out of your system so you should be good to go the rest of the year!

Ben Garver
    Hickman, Nebraska

Sorry about your luck G. Sounds like you might be doing some trapping soon.

Brad Juaire
    Maple Grove, MN

Sorry to hear about your misfortune this weekend Big G and I’m sorry we were unable to meet for a

What are you doing next weekend? Never mind… it might be hazardous for me to hang out with you.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Staying home…..

wade
    Cottage Grove, MN

We had a bbq and pool party Friday night with many then Saturday was a parade and street dance until the monsoon came through Saturday night, our friends van got burried in the mud and had to push the E350 van out of the mud in the down pour…good times…

brian_peterson
    Eagan, MN

Welcome to my world G. Seems like nothing goes easy anymore.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Quote:

Welcome to my world G. Seems like nothing goes easy anymore.

You can say that again.

brian_peterson
    Eagan, MN

All bad things happen in three’s right? Yesterday between the hours of 3 and 5 mind you, the starter in my kids car went out, my dishwasher blew up, and the microwave almost burnt the house down. Talk about a bad day? Big G, you got nothing on me!

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.