Wisconsin DNR Spring Meeting

• kevinbrantner
    West Central Wisconsin

I’d recommend everyone interested in deer hunting click on the following link and read everything you can but at least read from page 39 through 42 so you can see how important it is to attend this meeting. There are some interesting questions that everyone needs to be aware of. Other items of interest for fishing and hunting are included in the questionnaire but I want to highlight what I found on deer hunting.

I do realize there is another post, “If you Bow Hunt in WI, you need to see this”, but there are other items that people might be interested in as well.

Please attend the meeting in your county on Monday, April 13 at 7:00 pm and voice your opinion! Pages 7 and 8 show where to meet in your county.

Also, please invite others to attend. This is too important to ignore.

http://www.dnr.state.wi.us/org/nrboard/congress/spring_hearings/2009/CC-2009-Spring-Questionnaire-Final.pdf

kevinbrantner
    West Central Wisconsin

Lip Ripper,
    I’m sorry but I didn’t notice you had already posted links for this. I didn’t mean to step on your toes. I just want to try to get people fired up about this!!!

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

No problem at all Kevin!

The more we can get people to notice, be aware and attend the better.

I still can’t believe it. Fair and Equal… Are you serious?? How about we limit gun shots to 40 yards also (toungue in cheek)???

However, depsite my last comment in this time of the world, we as Sportsman need to be united and fight the other groups not ourselves. This is a very sad day, that soemone actually came up with this and others must have supported it. Before we know it we will not have a season. This is just the start or the first step folks. They will not stop until we are all not hunting.

Can someone tell me, if you are a non resident, do you have a say in this???

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I didnt see anything in there about reducing harvest numbers which is the only thing I am interestred in. The statewide slaughter continues.

DanSchafer
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Quote:

I didnt see anything in there about reducing harvest numbers which is the only thing I am interestred in. The statewide slaughter continues.

While I agree with you Mike, there are a lot more problems then just that. We as hunters and sportsmen should be concerned with everything that effects our rights to hunt and fish.

kevinbrantner
    West Central Wisconsin

I’m going to post this on Archery Talk and some hunting groups on Facebook. If you can think of websites where this could be posted to get the word out that would be great.

kevinbrantner
    West Central Wisconsin

Quote:

Can someone tell me, if you are a non resident, do you have a say in this???

They should have a say if they can hunt here, right?

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

It’s on Mathews already, That is where I first saw it!

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

It is right here KB.

TTP!

kevinbrantner
    West Central Wisconsin

I was talking about your post Rob.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Quote:

Quote:

While I agree with you Mike, there are a lot more problems then just that. We as hunters and sportsmen should be concerned with everything that effects our rights to hunt and fish.

That’s the issue I choose to focus on. Others can choose their’s.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.