Mn Deer Classic

• mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Well my plan was to have my wife Jackie and I drive up to the Classic On Saturday and visit the IDO booth being they were giving away one of our Covert blinds. Well after receiving a phone call from Brad at 8:30 a.m. Saturday morning, we were off to actually work a booth next to them since that one was left opened. Working with Brad, Tina, Rob, Stacy and Chris was a great time. There was not enough time for chatting as it was very busy through out the day. When time permitted, Jackie and did manage to sneak away for autographs and pictures with Lee and Tiffany!! To say those two are down to earth people is an understatement. It is quite obvious to me that their success has not gone to their heads one bit. Once the show closed, they took the time to visit with everyone from the IDO booth and showed us various sheds and to talk hunting. A very cool experience indeed.

Also, another hunting celeb visited our booth….Brandon Wikman from Bass Pro Shop’s Next Generation stopped in and talked to us for a while. Since he is from Wisconsin, we had a lot in common and alot to talk about. Again, a real nice kid that has not let success go to his head.

All in all a great weekend for us at the Classic! Thanks again Brad, Rob and Chris for the phone call! Here are just a few pictures from the show.

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Here are a couple more pictures…my big shining moment with Tiffany and…my eyes are closed! Not sure who was more excited about meeting them, myself or Jackie?

coppertop
    Central MN

Looks like I chose the wrong year to skip out. Hoped to find some sheds but I spotted the “Big Boy” again still holding strong. Looks like it was a great time at both booths.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Dart, you blew your golden moment.

It was great seeing ya and I think we sold a few more blinds on Sunday! Including the one for the drawing so we need antoher.

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Also yes, if you do not know Brandon, he is a outdoors enthusisast with a great message and that is getting the Youth involved in the great outdoors and he holds camps during the Summer. Check out his web page @ http://www.wiksworld.com/ !

Here is a lil about Wiks Wolrd!

Quote:

Wik’s World

Welcome to Wik’s World, an interactive look at Brandon Wikman & Wik’s World Camp! This is a website dedicated to kids, hunters and the longevity of our hunting heritage. It’s all here at Wik’s World!

Wikman role models high standards, dedication and true resilience to making a lifelong goal evolve into a true bittersweet dream. His active role in promoting youth outdoors sports has literally reached millions of future outdoorsman & women.

As co-host of the nationally award winning television show, The Next Generation, airing year round on the Outdoor Channel, Wikman illustrates the basics of hunting & fishing in a style that’s exciting, entertaining and most important, kid-friendly!

This is a different hunting website for a different generation

mpearson
    Chippewa Falls, WI

Thanks for the information Rob. Actually Brandon called ME last night looking for some information from the show. I talked to my kids and they will be going to one of his camps this July!

DanSchafer
    Chippewa Falls, WI

It was great seeing the IDO guys at the show again and meeting the ladies for the first time!

Keep in touch!

-Dan “The Wolf Guy” Schafer

blush
    Maple Grove, Minnesota

Mike, Tell Jackie I was impressed she dropped everything and came up to the show on such short notice It was fun to see you guys and spend some time together at the show. I hope you enjoyed your night in the Cities.

Dan it was fun to hear the wolf stories! I haven’t had any adventures quite so nerve wracking, unless you count a day in the field with Brad nerve wracking

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.