It’s a wet one on Eastern Wyoming

• sharkbait
    The mud puddle in western Ks

This weekend was a wet one in eastern Wyoming where I got together with a group of friends from Michigan and Arizona to see if we could find any Mule deer for them for this week and shoot a couple Antelope.Saturday rained almost all afternoon and turned the plains into a swamp.It seemed like antelope numbers were down but the weather sucked for getting them to move.Sunday seemed even worse.We did Manage two antelope and saw lots of elk on a mountain we call the fortress but the Big bucks were holed up and didn’t want to show.Hopefully with the weather changing with some sun today and the rest of the week things will turn around for them on the deer.I did manage to get some awesome impact shots on soaked antelope on the digital camera though so all wasn’t lost.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

So when you taking me archery elk hunting?? I’ll trade you a couple SD pheasant hunts….

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

So when you taking me archery elk hunting?? I’ll trade you a couple SD pheasant hunts….

prieser
    Byron, MN

Sucked for your hunting party, but the land owners and cattlemen in the area were probably not complaining too much. Man, it has been dry there for years. Post some pictures when you get time and good luck with the rest of the season.

prieser
    Byron, MN

Sucked for your hunting party, but the land owners and cattlemen in the area were probably not complaining too much. Man, it has been dry there for years. Post some pictures when you get time and good luck with the rest of the season.

backlash
    Owatonna MN

We heard it was coming. Glad we headed home early Saturday morning.Shot a nice one Thursday afternoon.

backlash
    Owatonna MN

We heard it was coming. Glad we headed home early Saturday morning.Shot a nice one Thursday afternoon.

sharkbait

Ya I work in agriculture and we need the rain all over the west just sucks to have a 2 day soaker when you haven’t had one like that for a couple years.Is there a way to post video here or is it best to use youtube.Goats weren’t anything exceptional but over the last couple years we had some awesome elk.One day we dropped 3 the smallest an average 5×5 my nice 6×7 and a cool 340class 6×6.with rifles.

sharkbait

Ya I work in agriculture and we need the rain all over the west just sucks to have a 2 day soaker when you haven’t had one like that for a couple years.Is there a way to post video here or is it best to use youtube.Goats weren’t anything exceptional but over the last couple years we had some awesome elk.One day we dropped 3 the smallest an average 5×5 my nice 6×7 and a cool 340class 6×6.with rifles.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Quote:

Is there a way to post video here or is it best to use youtube.

At this time we’re limited to posting video on a hosting site, like YouTube or photobucket, and linking to the video.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Quote:

Is there a way to post video here or is it best to use youtube.

At this time we’re limited to posting video on a hosting site, like YouTube or photobucket, and linking to the video.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.