.375 Winchester

• fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

I was just wanting to see if anyone else here shoots a .375 Winchester. I bought my Marlin 336CS in .375 with my first student loan check ( Best use of that money I ever spent )in 1983. Over the years this lever action served me really well. I never lost a deer shot with this gun. I don’t think any of them went more than 5 feet. A few years ago when I ran out of Ammo I had a rather hard time finding some more. After getting a few other guns I put this one away and have not used it for about 4 or 5 years. I pulled it back out to use in a few stand locations this last season and remembered how much I missed shooting it. It will never be the most accurate gun ( past 100 yard a cannon is more accurate I’m sure ) But just like it use to it still puts the deer down right where you hit them. I guess I’m going to have to bite the Bullet ( No pun intended ) and pay for a few more boxes of Ammo for it. I did manage to fog the old (26 year old )scope I have on it. I think I’ll need to put a new one on it prior to next season. The old Bushnell scope was a rather low power ( 1-6 ) with a lighted dot in the center of the crosshair. I’d like to find a new scope with this same or similar feature. I can’t tell you how many times that this lighted dot was used in low light. I did a little reasearch and can not find anything similar. Well that part of the fun looking for something you want. Just curious if anyone else shoots this same caliber / Gun.

Anonymous

check out the line of Trijicon optics, specifically the accupoint series. @ $700, but my next optic will be one of these

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

Dont under estimate the range and accuracy of your .375 Winchester cal. I have a Winchester Mod 94 Big Bore in .356 Win cal. Very similar ballistics to your .375.

I have a Weaver K-4 scope on it and it shoots 3 shots in one fat hole at 50 yds.(200gr factory flat nosed bullets).

For grins I shot 3 shots at 100 yds (off the shooting sticks)…1 1/2″ dia. group about 6″ low of the bullseye, with more than enough energy to flatten a Deer or Elk. Mine drops Bear like a bad habit…

Winchester makes a limited run on .307,356 and 375 bullets in Super X every year. Your gun shop can order them for about 35$ box…Or you can load your own much cheaper.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.