Thermacell????

• brian_peterson
    Eagan, MN

Has anybody tried or currently use a Thermacell when hunting? I’m curious to see if they work. Supposed to be a great bug repellant.

qdm4life
    Albertville, MN

We were in a ground blind with a bout 1000 skeets in there with us and not even 3 minutes after fireing it up the ALL were gone, and NONE came back, turn it off and they were back in no time, seen multiple does that night none spooked wind was calm.Got some great video of it. Only down fall is the unit must lay horizontal.

lick

i never go in the woods without my thermacell works great and doesnt spook deer but if your worried about scent they make new pads with earth scent

i wouldnt think twice about getting one and using it

Joel Nelson
    Southeast MN

Brian:

Check out this discussion on Thermacells.

I’ll reiterate that I’m a huge fan, but have never tried one deer hunting. Might give it a workout for bear hunting this year, but it’s standard issue for late season turkey hunting when the skeeters get bad.

Agreed, won’t work as well vertically IMO either, but it’s been nice for me in a ground blind esp. Put the thing under your chair and they disappear. Amazing product, esp. for the price.

Joel

sonniebutt
    River Falls, WI

I used 1 on a pontoon 3 times this summer the whole area was bug free all day. it was great!

robstenger
    Northern Twin Cities, MN

Quote:

Amazing product, esp. for the price.

Totally agree. In todays world less then $20.00 is hard to beat!

mbenson
    Minocqua, Wisconsin

GE72:

That’s the place I was going to ask about, the boat!!! Glad to see it worked. I thought it make sense to use for that 45 minute period at dusk when they are at their worst!!!

Mark

mossyoak
    UP Michigan

Thermacell is a must for ealry season works awesome and fast and doesnt scare game

big_g
    Isle, MN

Just to take it a step further… yes they work great Hunting and fishing and sitting on the deck…. I am doing some clearing behind my garage, knocking some trees down and lots of brush….. the skeets were trying to carry me away…(good luck with that ) so I fired up a Thermacell….. skeets gone !!! Made doing a not so fun chore, bearable Anywhere you have a skeet problem, they are the bomb 2

life1978
    Eau Claire , WI

I won’t go out without mine when I know the bugs are still out.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.