Hummingbird Migration

• Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

I like to hang the deer rib cage/backbone if I get one as the woodpeckers seem to really like that too and its easy to hang and lasts a long time.

I have the woodpecker feeders near the front side of the yard, mostly hanging on hooks or from limbs on a white pine. I’ve thought about hanging a carcass but with the third or fourth busiest street in town running right past the house I’m not certain what people would think. In this putz town full of anti-everything people I’m sure I’d be getting a call or two…maybe even a nice visit. I’ll bet I could hoist the carcass up high enough that limbs might help hide it. Now I’m thinking.

Denny O
    Central IOWA

We missed the males first of the year as we didn’t get the feeders out until 2nd week of April. We had females all summer long but only one at a time feeding. We had many drive by when the kamikazes would swoop down and drive the other one away.

Finally started to see young males and last month or so and now mostly a straggler male now. At the height of the year we would be visited by one to two every 5 minutes. Now we only see one once about every 3 days. Our last 2 were Thursday and Sunday.

We will be leaving the feeder out till frost. We will have 3 feeders for next year, they have been very fun to have.

Viewing 2 posts - 31 through 32 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.