Hummingbird ice helix 5

• Chris Robinson

Has anyone had any experience with this unit. I was wondering if it had any lag in the ice mode. Was wondering if I should get this with all it features or a marcum lx5i.

Chris Robinson

So would you recommend this over a traditional flasher as my only unit.

rippinlips0414
    Aberdeen, SD

So I finally had the opportunity to get out and use my Helix 5 out on the ice. The only concern or question I have is when I’m using the 2d sonar mode and flasher mode the depth is very sporadic and keeps switching depths showing from 81 down to the depth of lake I was fishing. Does anyone have any suggestions or a fix on what I’m doing wrong or do you think my unit is bad? What are most of you using for settings when it comes to the setups on this unit? I did try shutting of Ice Fishing Mode and I’m running the unit in 200 kHz. Pretty new to these digital units any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

prestonc
    Waterloo, IA

My helix 5 did the random depth changes when the battery got low. Hopefully that’s all it is for you

catnip
    south metro

My helix 5si showed incorrect depth on the side bar readout but was correct as far as the sonar pictures. Also the gps tracking was way off at times. So I went garmin this time. This was on a boat but I have read about this with other hb units as well.

Whateverbites

Always manually set your max depth, it keeps ot from jumping around

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.